Spenser Watkins Re-Signs With the O’s

Frobby

I noticed, about 20 minutes after it happened I saw the note at MLBTradeRumors .com.

I didn’t post it because I think I’m the only guy here who is a fan,And I didn’t think anybody else would care. I like Watkins, I don’t know his future,  but his season really hinged on some very bad calls by the umpire, one of which I have as a screenshot that I wish I could share here but you can’t share photos here.

I think several of those bad calls flustered him and cost him a little bit of his control, and he has no margin for error. Anyway, I hope he comes back and does well, and if he doesn’t, well as someone said, “he has a page at baseball reference.” And not many people can say that.

13 minutes ago, Philip said:

I noticed, about 20 minutes after it happened I saw the note at MLBTradeRumors .com.

I didn’t post it because I think I’m the only guy here who is a fan,And I didn’t think anybody else would care. I like Watkins, I don’t know his future,  but his season really hinged on some very bad calls by the umpire, one of which I have as a screenshot that I wish I could share here but you can’t share photos here.

I think several of those bad calls flustered him and cost him a little bit of his control, and he has no margin for error. Anyway, I hope he comes back and does well, and if he doesn’t, well as someone said, “he has a page at baseball reference.” And not many people can say that.

Anybody who lets a bad call or two derail him isn’t much of a pitcher.   There’s several every game and pitchers just have to deal with the ones that go against them and take advantage of the ones who go their way.  Hopefully this year, if he returns to the bigs, he’ll do better than an 8.07 ERA in 54.2 IP.   That’s abysmal.  

5 hours ago, wildcard said:

Watkins did an nice job at AAA last year.  But at 29 I don't know if he can make the jump to the majors successfully.   I consider the signing a depth piece.

I hope we see Ellis signed soon.

Makes a nice story. That he never gave up, even after he gave up and started coaching.

Kathie Lee Gifford "say what???"