Brandon Snyder

allstar1579

You want a comp for Snyder? Aubrey Huff. Corrner IF, not particularly good with the glove, .287/.344/.483 career line. Since reaching his prime, he's had years as good as .311/.367/.555, and as bad as .261/.321/.428. I think Snyder's pretty similar.

I think that's about right. Aubrey Huff is Snyder's reasonable upside.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah - I doubt we're far off on where we see Snyder slotting down the line. To me, he's a classic #6 - a guy who should be able to put up about a .850 OPS (with an average line of just under .300/.350/.500) with a ton of doubles, HRs by the handful (15-20), and probably a good number of Ks.

If he can be a decent glove guy at first, a winning team can live with that, to be sure.

Yup, agree there. I'm just of a different school with my lineups though, I'd probably like him hitting 3rd, if he walked more, 2nd, but with that ability to hit for average and a bunch of doubles, I'd love to get him up there right before someone who can hit .315 with power comes up :)

Probably right on the K's, but like I said, I hope that with experience he is smart enough to learn when he's being pitched to strike out.

You want a comp for Snyder? Aubrey Huff. Corrner IF, not particularly good with the glove, .287/.344/.483 career line. Since reaching his prime, he's had years as good as .311/.367/.555, and as bad as .261/.321/.428. I think Snyder's pretty similar.

Yeah, I don't think that is far off. Do you think he'll develop that much power though? I see him hitting more doubles and triples and less HR.

I thought about Huff, he is a good comp too. D.Young and Huff are listed as high comp players for each other at baseball reference so we are thinking along the same lines. Purely hitting wise I still think Snyder might be closer to Young. I'm not sure he will develop the consistent 20+ homer power Aubrey has displayed. Also, while Aubrey doesn't take a lot of walks he also doesn't strike out a lot either. Aubrey has never struck out 90 times in a season. I see Snyder being a rather consistent 100+ K guy in the majors.

Yeah, I don't think that is far off. Do you think he'll develop that much power though? I see him hitting more doubles and triples and less HR.
I thought about Huff, he is a good comp too. D.Young and Huff are listed as high comp players for each other at baseball reference so we are thinking along the same lines. Purely hitting wise I still think Snyder might be closer to Young. I'm not sure he will develop the consistent 20+ homer power Aubrey has displayed. Also, while Aubrey doesn't take a lot of walks he also doesn't strike out a lot either. Aubrey has never struck out 90 times in a season. I see Snyder being a rather consistent 100+ K guy in the majors.

I think you are both right. Snyder so far appears to have a little less HR power than Huff, but probably will hit more doubles. He probably will strike out more often than Huff. But I think his overall BA/OBP/SLG will be close to Huff's.

My current comp for Snyder is Jeff Conine. I think he can be a similar offensive player in the majors.

Not a bad comp. I see two major differences. First, Conine had a brief cup of coffee at age 24 and only played 37 major league games total before age 27. I think there's a chance Snyder gets a September call-up next year at age 22, and if not, I certainly hope to see him at some point the following year at age 23, and on the team for good by age 24. Second, I think Snyder can do better than Conine's career ISO of .158. Conine had 4 seasons with 30+ doubles, but I think Snyder will do that routinely and in fact top 40 doubles pretty regularly.

Not a bad comp. I see two major differences. First, Conine had a brief cup of coffee at age 24 and only played 37 major league games total before age 27. I think there's a chance Snyder gets a September call-up next year at age 22, and if not, I certainly hope to see him at some point the following year at age 23, and on the team for good by age 24. Second, I think Snyder can do better than Conine's career ISO of .158. Conine had 4 seasons with 30+ doubles, but I think Snyder will do that routinely and in fact top 40 doubles pretty regularly.

Either way, would we be disappointed with someone 24 years old and somewhere in between Conine and Huff? Cause I'd be pretty happy myself :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Something I recently thought of is what would they do with Snyder if we wind up getting Tex. Seeing as how that would block 1b for quite some time would they try and move him over to 3rd or would they just keep him at 1b, or maybe use him as trade bait??

Bump.

Something I recently thought of is what would they do with Snyder if we wind up getting Tex. Seeing as how that would block 1b for quite some time would they try and move him over to 3rd or would they just keep him at 1b, or maybe use him as trade bait??

I know they have been trying to get him some more playing time at 3B, but his D there remains to be seen. If we do sign Tex, there will be a move in the future this season, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him tried in LF.

I just wish they would let him get back to Catching a bit, and we could have a backup C and UTIL guy in the making, kinda like Inge with a better bat.

Archived