Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Why?

Bobby Witt, Spencer Torkelson, and Julio Rodriguez all came up and struggled with the bat this season already.

Go to bbref and look at Cal Ripken's first month in the majors, or Mike Schmidt's.   

What is the downside if he comes up and "struggles with the bat"?

But none of them were  struggling before they were called up.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Adley has an OPS near .900.  Are we really saying he's "struggling" because of 9 games in Norfolk?  In which his OBP is .360?

He'll either be fine at the MLB level, or he won't.  It's time.

Plus if they bring him up Friday,he might only play in two games in Charlotte. Probably would let him travel on Thursday and be ready for Friday. Do two games really show he is hitting now and show how healthy he is?

It's not like this is his first time in AAA. Maybe he's bored like we are. Hope he's healthy. This team needs a shot of something. Heck - so does the fan base. It's not like we have two catchers setting  offensive statistics on fire. 

My concern is expectations. Adley alone is far from any answer. He's an attention getter to get our minds and conversation - briefly - off the present. Hence, my vote is bring him up! Let health alone be any negating factor.

5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

It's not like this is his first time in AAA. Maybe he's bored like we are. Hope he's healthy. This team needs a shot of something. Heck - so does the fan base. It's not like we have two catchers setting  offensive statistics on fire. 

My concern is expectations. Adley alone is far from any answer. He's an attention getter to get our minds and conversation - briefly - off the present. Hence, my vote is bring him up! Let health alone be any negating factor.

If he's bored after a grand total of 52 games in AAA when he is on the verge of being promoted to Baltimore, then he's going to be a huge bust. But of course there's no way he's bored. Frustrated? Possible. Bored? Unbelievable. 

Anyone else discouraged we haven't heard about a promotion yet? I would have expected the Orioles to make the announcement early ahead of his first game so it has more time to help the attendance boost for those that may choose to go just to see his debut as the more notice, potentially the more people may show. (Though I'm probably overthinking it.)

38 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Agree. He's going to struggle more than people are comfortable with when he comes up. 

11 minutes ago, interloper said:

Agree. He's going to struggle more than people are comfortable with when he comes up. 

I don't think that's a lock, but I certainly think it's a possibility.  But I also think that's why he (and others) need to be up.  There will be a learning curve at the MLB level.  The more we delay that curve, the more we delay competing.

• Like 1

Just now, glenn__davis said:

I don't think that's a lock, but I certainly think it's a possibility.  But I also think that's why he (and others) need to be up.  There will be a learning curve at the MLB level.  The more we delay that curve, the more we delay competing.

Right..but people don’t seem to care about that.  

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I agree.

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's their fault.  But they still should be pissed.

Definitely their fault…but yes.  Every Os fan should be pissed.  But you definitely have some of the, as Tony calls them, fanboys out there who just now down and do whatever the Os say and are behind this 1000%.

Its funny to see.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's their fault.  But they still should be pissed.

Anyone who pays attention to the organization should know by now not to assume anything when it comes to promoting prospects. Adley Rutschman should be on the Orioles right now, but until it's a official any tickets bought anticipating Rutschman's debut is a gamble. 

• Upvote 1