Adley Rutschman 2022

Just Regular

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I want to make my own position clear.  I would like to see Rutschman brought up right now.   I think that would be the best for his development and for the team, despite his struggles last week.  

I just don’t think it’s GM malpractice if Elias waits a little longer.  

Meh we’re past time for logical assessment. Get your pitchfork and join the rest of us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

And it might be for a the rest of this season. Rutschman has needed time to adjust to each level and the majors will be no different. I don't see him being an impact hitter right off the bat in the majors. 

All the more reason to, you know, actually get him to the majors.  It's completely insulting at this point.

More like media silence.Radio spent a few innings talking about the chain and now you can buy it at the Oriole store.Adley ,not a word was spoken. The chain was partially broken . And the three so called reporters I admired least.Roch,Steve and Nathan took to silence of Adley who seemed like a ghost. The day the Oriole season died.

Thomas Dolby now a Professor of Music at Johns Hopkins. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/15/2022 at 7:50 AM, Frobby said:

Where did Elias say that?

I guess the Orioles do want him to catch three days in a row. But as I said tough to do this so far because off Monday and the schedule had a day game in the middle of the week. Not this week. Also Roch said maybe he comes up on the road?

Rutschman is 6-for-31 (.194) in nine games with Norfolk. He’s caught in back-to-back games, but only once. And only two games. Not three or more, which seems important to the organization.

13 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I guess the Orioles do want him to catch three days in a row. But as I said tough to do this so far because off Monday and the schedule had a day game in the middle of the week. Not this week. Also Roch said maybe he comes up on the road?

Rutschman is 6-for-31 (.194) in nine games with Norfolk. He’s caught in back-to-back games, but only once. And only two games. Not three or more, which seems important to the organization.

Lol, so every third day the organization puts him at DH, then the organization says he isn't ready.  If he isn't ready to catch three in a row, I don't see why he can't continue his progression at the MLB level. Chirinos is there for a reason.

Based on this and their minus WAR maybe we should wait to bring up Adley because our pitchers are inexperienced.  

They’ve combined to throw out 9 of 19 runners attempting to steal. Chirinos is 6-for-11. And manager Brandon Hyde has credited them on numerous occasions for improvements in the rotation and bullpen, how they handle a staff and their overall work behind the plate.

“I think we have catchers here that can help guys get through innings that are inexperienced,” Hyde said yesterday. “I think that’s been huge.”

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Roch also said the Orioles don't want to name a specific date because it might upset the two catchers on the team who don't have options. He is the #1 prospect in all of baseball, I think they know.

Hate to ruffle the feathers of 2 guys hitting sub .140!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Roch also said the Orioles don't want to name a specific date because it might upset the two catchers on the team who don't have options. He is the #1 prospect in all of baseball, I think they know.

These guys are professionals and Bemboom knew coming in that he is a backup to the backup. That is just absurd. 

I couldn't care less whether the Orioles announce it publicly or not but as fans we deserve an explanation for why he hasn't been promoted yet and/or what they are hoping for him to achieve while still in AAA and apparently healthy. 

38 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I don't think there's any way MASN puts out that tweet about a "debut on the homestand" if they're not expecting it to be this week, unless it was just some rogue employee acting without approval.  I'm guessing it will be Friday against the Rays.

Friday because of? They probably will have a bigger crowd on Thursday then Friday if they don't bring him up.

Given he wouldn't be playing in the minors if he wasn't healthy, the only three reasons to not having him brought up are: 

1. They want him to be hitting well when he's promoted (which is a bit ridiculous given the small sample size as it could easily be negated with a 3-for-4 game today).

2. They want him to catch 3 in a row or more before being promoted (which is on them for the slow ramp up).

3. They want to bring him up against an opponent that doesn't draw as well as the Yankees to add a bit of an extra bump (which is a dumb reason given the difference between a weekday and weekend game probably negates some of that - and it really should be more about the development of the player). 

3 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

Given he wouldn't be playing in the minors if he wasn't healthy, the only three reasons to not having him brought up are: 

1. They want him to be hitting well when he's promoted (which is a bit ridiculous given the small sample size as it could easily be negated with a 3-for-4 game today).

2. They want him to catch 3 in a row or more before being promoted (which is on them for the slow ramp up).

3. They want to bring him up against an opponent that doesn't draw as well as the Yankees to add a bit of an extra bump (which is a dumb reason given the difference between a weekday and weekend game probably negates some of that - and it really should be more about the development of the player). 

4. Super 2 eligibility

5. #1 draft pick

I have been very supportive of the rebuild but patience is wearing thin and the cynical explanations look more and more plausible as every day goes by. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Friday because of? They probably will have a bigger crowd on Thursday then Friday if they don't bring him up.

Just a hunch, but a few potential reasons:

• They think they'll draw decent crowds against the Yankees regardless so they're hoping to get an attendance bump against the Rays.
  • They may be a bit worried about "Savior" expectations.  If he comes up and struggles out of the gate it wouldn't be the worst for him to get that initial debut at home and then get to go on the road for a bit.

No idea if either of those are either remotely correct, just some theories.

• Like 1