Some Oriole Twitter gossip

SteveA

Good news on Mateo. Not sure of his role yet, I guess we’ll see. I hope he gets most of his play at SS. The defense might improve to a respectable level with steady reps there. He hasn’t really had that in years, mostly because he was behind a lot of talented players in Oakland and San Diego.

The Andujar talk is interesting, but I wonder what kind of player he is now after the injuries. 

• Upvote 1

Andujar would be a good fit as a change of scenery guy and obviously he wouldn't be blocking anyone at third. That said, the Yankees don't trade in the division very often and he has other suitors so our offer would likely have to be head and shoulders better.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

Interesting, I can see some upside to Andujar but last year and 2020 he is worse than Gutierrez as a fielder. He does have an option remaining. 

It does appear that his fielding got a little better although they were in small sample sizes, so who knows how accurate that really is.

But yea, that’s a big reason why you keep KG around..that and Andujar isn’t reliable, so you want a back up option.