Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

5 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

1st pitch of the 5th a line shot HR into RF.

Triple-A has some good/experienced hitters, and mistakes get punished. It's a good learning experience, and why I don't mind him making a few triple-A starts. The way he responded was especially encouraging. Hoping they let him throw a 6th inning

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Remember when Elias said he'd have a chance to make the team out of camp and then got sent down after two innings?

Ready isn't relevant. 

I think it was important for him to prove it at AAA. But he's passed the test so far. Grod and Bradish both will be up in May at some point IMO. Maybe sooner with Means possibly out. 

9 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Triple-A has some good/experienced hitters, and mistakes get punished. It's a good learning experience, and why I don't mind him making a few triple-A starts. The way he responded was especially encouraging. Hoping they let him throw a 6th inning

It was Ronald Guzman that hit the HR.  Good bit of MLB experience as well. 

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why?

Important to who?

He needed to adjust to the mlb ball for one thing. Its important to Elias and the FO. I dont think anyone knew he would look this advanced early on in AAA. They were probably expecting an adjustment period or maybe some struggles.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

He needed to adjust to the mlb ball for one thing. Its important to Elias and the FO. I dont think anyone knew he would look this advanced early on in AAA. They were probably expecting an adjustment period or maybe some struggles.

Why?

He was using the ball in Spring Training right?

Why couldn't he continue to "adjust" in the majors?

We might lose a game?

While I don't think anyone "knew" he would look this advanced the man is the top ranked pitching prospect in baseball, it is hardly a surprise that he looks good.

I do think it was very important to Elias for him to start in Norfolk, I think it was so important it's why he only got the two innings in the big league camp.   But I don't think it was because he had to prove anything.

34 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I think it was important for him to prove it at AAA. But he's passed the test so far. Grod and Bradish both will be up in May at some point IMO. Maybe sooner with Means possibly out. 

No reason for him not to be up in May.  Gray Rod is probably the best pitcher in the O's organization.  Whether Means is out or not.  I haven't seen him pitch, but from all reports, the batters he is facing are overmatched.  Does he have to put up Cy Young numbers in AAA before a promotion?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

No reason for him not to be up in May.  Gray Rod is probably the best pitcher in the O's organization.  Whether Means is out or not.  I haven't seen him pitch, but from all reports, the batters he is facing are overmatched.  Does he have to put up Cy Young numbers in AAA before a promotion?

No he just has to complete whatever arbitrary number of starts that Elias has already decided on. 

Same with Bradish. The performance doesn’t make a difference.