Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

Both Bradish and Grayson need to be up by early-to-mid May, IMO, if they're continuing to pitch well. I think that's a more-than-reasonable, averagely-conservative timeline considering all the factors: health, building up to 100 pitches, double-checking that any work these guys have done in the offseason is translating, whatever. Beyond that I would consider far too conservative given the state of the big league pitching staff. It's time to start making the transition. 

2 hours ago, btdart20 said:

First two names that come to mind for me:  Clemens and Mussina.  Obviously, those are unfair comparisons for anyone with no ML experience and I'm not expecting those types of careers (though that would be awesome).  But Grayson's size, FB, control, and multiple plus pitches rhymes with what Clemens/Mussina came in with as well.  Grayson also seems to have that chip on his shoulder to improve/be the best like those guys (all professional players have that to some degree, but some seem to have "it" to another level).  Grayson's MiLB numbers compare favorably to both (K/BB, WHIP).  Both of those had lower ERA and gave up less HR (no idea about park factors).   (DL Hall is more along the Scherzer lines to me with his live arm but lesser control coming into the league.)

Both of them had 40-50ish IP less in the MiLB than Grayson as well...  He's ready.

I am seeing Schilling too. Identical 6' 5" 220 lb build. 

Between Baz's elbow cleanup slowing him down and Strasburg-ian scouting reports from Arizona speeding him up, Daniel Espino might be Rodriguez's newest closest rival for pitching prospect top dog.

Espino 1.5.2001 is starting the year with his AA debut and has gone 134 pitches his first two games, 16/3 K/BB

Rodriguez 11.16.1999 - AAA debut and 128 pitches, 15/1 K/BB

• Upvote 1

Minorleaguebaseball is giving Rodriguez as the probable for tomorrow at 630 as he will get five days rest once again between turns.

(Elsewhere in probables, appears the Baysox will face Daniel Espino this weekend).

Durham (Rays AAA) lineup tonight has Vidal Brujan leading off, but not quite so loaded as last year's Wander Franco-Josh Lowe squad.

14 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

This is absurd. He has nothing left to learn in the minors. His next start should be at home next weekend against the Red Sox.

What does he gain by striking out every other batter in AAA?

He avoids the stress of going through arbitration four times.

• Haha 1