Grayson Rodriguez 2022

justD

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

If it’s significant, that would make me think it’s a grade 3 strain.  If that’s the case, I’m not sure we see him in Baltimore this year.

Actually, I doubt it’s a grade 3.  If the earlier link is right, grade 3 requires surgery and you would think we would know that now.

So if it’s a grade 2, it might be a bad one.  That puts him out for a month or more.

• Like 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Actually, I doubt it’s a grade 3.  If the earlier link is right, grade 3 requires surgery and you would think we would know that now.

So if it’s a grade 2, it might be a bad one.  That puts him out for a month or more.

So let's say he is out for six weeks,that would be around July 15th. Then about a month or so rehabbing. Would the Orioles bother to have him up for September? At least his innings won't be high.

Just now, Going Underground said:

So let's say he is out for six weeks,that would be around July 15th. Then about a month or so rehabbing. Would the Orioles bother to have him up for September? At least his innings won't be high.

That’s a good question.  I think they would.  He can be up here mid August or so.  Get in 5-8 starts.  I would think they would want that. 

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

One thing we know: the O’s will be super-careful with him.  But I sure hope he gets into a few major league games this year so we can see what we’ve got and not need to do this drill next year.  

7 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Why do I have this feeling that we won't see him pitch to AAA hitters until September? 

He and Gunnar should look for a boutique triceps policy.

Meanwhile, Carter Stewart 11.2.1999 has thrown his first few 2022 innings over in Japan.   I don't know all the exact details, but believe the gist of the Boras plan is to get him MLB free agency mid-decade.

If he is approximately what Grayson Rodriguez is as MLB Teams thought four summers ago...

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

If it’s significant, that would make me think it’s a grade 3 strain.  If that’s the case, I’m not sure we see him in Baltimore this year.

If it’s grade 3, he’s having surgery and he won’t be throwing till the winter 

11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Could very well be why they are looking at further tests.  Strain is a tear - they are most likely trying to determine how bad it is and best course of action.  If they are that concerned with the original imagining he’s looking at a grade 2 at the least.   I don’t think we see him until mid August at earliest, he will definitely not pitch in Baltimore this year.   He’s gonna need at least 6 weeks of rest before starting any type of baseball activity.  Then they will bring him back very slowly.  And we all know once he starts playing games that will be in Aberdeen. 

28 minutes ago, LarryHarlow said:

Why do you believe that earlier promotion to the majors would accelerate their development?  I’m assuming the Orioles don’t believe that.

I didn't even say that.  How about not having so extreme usage guidelines that don't seem to help?

Sounds like he won't be pitching in games again until maybe August.  So maybe we get a September call-up.....if we are lucky. 

More likely we see him in late April or May of 2023 after they get the extra year.  That extra extra year really. 

Just now, Sports Guy said:

And I believe the prescription is no throwing motion at all during the rehab period to let it heal.   So once he does start throwing again, he will have to build up all over again after some significant time of inactivity.