ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Roch, responding to a question about Teixeira:

Thanks for posting, this is probably pretty substantial given that Roch is clearly hamstrung by the fact that he works for MASN. This is the most he's been openly willing to concede since this whole thing started.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thumbing through a May, 2005 issue of FHM magazine lying around the office, I noticed a 1-page interview with Scott Boras.

Interesting enough, but the one comment that stood out to me was his claim that "over 50 percent" of his clients take an offer other than the one for the most money.

Truth? Who knows, but I thought I'd throw this out into the general discussion while we all wait for something to happen.

Very interesting..kind of surprised Boras would admit this as well. When I think of him I just picture Tex sitting there with a little devil of Boras on his shoulder and the angel of AM on his other shoulder..dude is evil and terrible for the game.

I realize this has been posted, but how reliable is this guy?

http://wnst.net/wordpress/drewforrester/2008/12/16/im-hearing-os-think-theyre-getting-tex/

I don't know how reliable he is, but I liked these statements.

“This is a highly complicated negotiating session and we have the best negotiator in baseball on our side of the table in Andy MacPhail,” said my Warehouse confidant. “We’re feeling good about this whole thing. We think we’re getting him.”

and...

I’m betting - because he is more dishonest than honest on a variety of levels - that Boras does NOT have the leverage he’s hinting that he does. I’m betting he’s trying to milk the most money he can because he really doesn’t care if the Orioles’ franchise is successful. Does anyone out there believe that Scott Boras cares about the attendance and revenue improvement of the O’s? I don’t.

Sherman - with no inside information at all on the Tex situation - is just stating his opinion that when the Yankees or the Red Sox want something, they get it.

So there is no news here - just a reason to feel angry as an O's fan that we are not even being mentioned as a possibility.

Archived