ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Everyone knows who Gammons' favorite baseball team is. It is still puzzling why they would let him speak so much about the Red Sox on their network. I believe he cried on television when they won the World Series in '04. He is very bias.

I'll bet if you catch Roch on TV right after the last out of the Orioles next World Series win, you'll catch a tear or two. And not because the front office told him to, either :D;)

Gammons has been covering the Red Sox for, what, 35 years? Of course he'll have some bias. He's also probably the most-respected baseball writer around.

I think his report is less about bias and more about old news.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the sentiment. Once again, the great majority of O's fans are classy and great fans. As for the use of the term, "Red Sux," speaking for myself, I don't take offense.

Especially given the many vile names many of my fellow Sox fans have for those pin-striped chaps playing to the south of us. :clap3:

I am personally glad to have you here as the Sox are my #2 team. One of my earliest baseball memories was cheering on the Sox in the '86 World Series. I'll be totally pissed however if Tex spurns the O's for the Sox!:angryfire:

I'll bet if you catch Roch on TV right after the last out of the Orioles next World Series win, you'll catch a tear or two. And not because the front office told him to, either :D;)

Gammons has been covering the Red Sox for, what, 35 years? Of course he'll have some bias. He's also probably the most-respected baseball writer around.

I think his report is less about bias and more about old news.

I don't think it was respectful when I fell asleep during his HOF speech. Man was that boring. Never liked the man.

I am personally glad to have you here as the Sox are my #2 team. One of my earliest baseball memories was cheering on the Sox in the '86 World Series. I'll be totally pissed however if Tex spurns the O's for the Sox!:angryfire:

Your second team can't be in the same freakin' division as your first! What the heck? :P

BB7117, you mentioned in one of your posts that the deal might be done w/in 24hrs. You must still be confident with that. Yes/No?

Read as much or as little in to this as you want. I was originally informed Saturday night that it would be announced within 24 hrs., which my guy believed would work into an announcement during the Ravens game. Apparently since then the deal has been held up by a few SMALL things (I asked what things specifically and wasn't given a straight answer). However it looks like the deal is about as close as can be without an actual announcement. I have no idea if that means it will be official in a matter of mins or days, but I'm very confident from what I've heard that Tex will be an Oriole.

Exactly.

Some have been saying it for years on here... and now the only decent Red Sox fan i've read on here shows up and now we shouldn't say "Red Sux?"

Well, that Sux!

For the record, I agree with Lucky Jim, it is useless... However, a lot of stuff fans do is useless. Like checking OH 100 times a day to see if the story's broke yet-as if refreshing every 5 minutes makes him sign sooner.

Every 5 minutes? Why so infrequent? :laughlol:

Read as much or as little in to this as you want. I was originally informed Saturday night that it would be announced within 24 hrs., which my guy believed would work into an announcement during the Ravens game. Apparently since then the deal has been held up by a few SMALL things (I asked what things specifically and wasn't given a straight answer). However it looks like the deal is about as close as can be without an actual announcement. I have no idea if that means it will be official in a matter of mins or days, but I'm very confident from what I've heard that Tex will be an Oriole.

Well we all hope you're right. I lost a little faith when you said 24 hrs two days ago.:mwahaha:

I'm partial: I can't stand "Skankees" or "Red Sux" or whathaveyou. They're not clever. And - coming from a team with 11 straight losing seasons - it seems like sour grapes to use them. And, no, "spewing venom and hatred" isn't being rude, it's just useless. But who am I to judge anyone's pursuit of uselessness?

I'm not a mod. I'm just trying to apply normative pressure to establish my preferences as a baseline. Feel free to ignore it.

Agreed.

Though I am pretty sure I am guilty of calling them worse.

Here is my question. If this is true (which I'm not doubting) why haven't the other teams mentioned they are out of it. Is it just a case of Boras keeping everyone else warm while things with the Orioles were finalized.

I just may have to update my list for Santa. An away Baltimore jersey with Teixeira on the back yeah?! My guess is, sometime tomorrow.

Archived