ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

I am a Reds fan but I am hoping the O's can grab Tex away from those big market teams. I see great things out of this team in the future with Jones/Markakis/Wieters and with the great young pitching they have in Double A right now. That AL East is going to be crazy good!

Hope this deal gets done soon!

I hope your stadium has a strong backstop.. your going to need one.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've actually had good experiences at OPACY with Sox fans. The whole Red Sox Nation, pink Sox hats, and pain in the butt elitist fans are a relatively new phenomenon. I saw a game in September of '86 at Fenway and we were able to get tickets.

I don't hate Sox Fans, and this poster has been good. It's the "Nation" that chaps my ass.

Well my generation is that of the "Red Sox Nation" and it sorta bothers me that people from all over the country choose the Sox to root for. I don't get what makes them so lovable. What ever happened to hometown loyalty, for better or for worse?

Here is my question. If this is true (which I'm not doubting) why haven't the other teams mentioned they are out of it. Is it just a case of Boras keeping everyone else warm while things with the Orioles were finalized.

What is really the point of telling everyone that you are out of it? I know I wouldn't want to tell everyone we had lost out until an announcement happened proving that we were indeed out if it. There's really no point I would think...

Exactly.

Some have been saying it for years on here... and now the only decent Red Sox fan i've read on here shows up and now we shouldn't say "Red Sux?"

Well, that Sux!

For the record, I agree with Lucky Jim, it is useless... However, a lot of stuff fans do is useless. Like checking OH 100 times a day to see if the story's broke yet-as if refreshing every 5 minutes makes him sign sooner.

Are you implying it doesn't? I've got six extra F5 keys on layaway, so you'd better not be serious...

I've actually had good experiences at OPACY with Sox fans. The whole Red Sox Nation, pink Sox hats, and pain in the butt elitist fans are a relatively new phenomenon. I saw a game in September of '86 at Fenway and we were able to get tickets.

I don't hate Sox Fans, and this poster has been good. It's the "Nation" that chaps my ass.

Me too. I was at the game late last year where they were giving away the Luke Scott T-Shirt and I got to the game to late and didn't get one. At the end of the game I asked someone wearing a Red Sox shirt if I could have their Scott T-Shirt. It took a little begging on my part but I ended up getting it.

Your second team can't be in the same freakin' division as your first! What the heck? :P

Yeah I saw that and thought about responding- but don't think anything constructive could come about.. unless there is a truly SOLID reason for it... aka- your dad played for them, you lived there.. bla bla bla... cuz I have some fond memories of the Orioles in the mid 1980's, so if you weren't an O's fan then. I don't get this...

What is really the point of telling everyone that you are out of it? I know I wouldn't want to tell everyone we had lost out until an announcement happened proving that we were indeed out if it. There's really no point I would think...

Fair point I guess. But I guess from the managing fans expectations point of view, it could be useful. But I see your point and won't really argue it.

Archived