ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

Regarding the Nats' chances on getting Tex, I found this on the Washington Post site, posted today:

"However, Kasten yesterday played down the Nationals' chances of landing Teixeira, who is expected to attract interest from some of the game's richest teams, including the Angels, Red Sox and -- possibly -- Yankees, and who could command a contract of $150 million or more for eight or more years. "I don't want people to have unrealistic expectations," Kasten said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/18/AR2008111803318.html

Um, that's from November 19th

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Poe did not in fact do that. Common misconception arising from the fact that the man who managed to become his literary executor hated him, and did everything in his power to destroy Poe's reputation after his death. Poe was neither a drunk nor a drug addict; he had a horrid reaction to taking morphine when he was given it once in the army, and more than one drink caused severe nervous reactions in him.

It's more likely he died of rabies. Really. No foolin'. Rabies. Not as cool as drinking yourself to death, sadly.

Who told you that? ESPN! :laughlol:

The headline (one of the top rotating headlines) on MLB.com sounds encouraging but when you actually read the story it's pretty much the same. It also says that our offer is a little bit "south of" some of the competitors offers (i.e. not quite as much).

The headline (one of the top rotating headlines) on MLB.com sounds encouraging but when you actually read the story it's pretty much the same. It also says that our offer is a little bit "south of" some of the competitors offers (i.e. not quite as much).

I doubt this is true and I'm thinking it's playing right into AM's and PA's hands. Boras obviously isn't the only shrewd negotiator here.

Archived