ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

The longer between insider posts, the more depressed these threads get. I'm not getting a real fun feeling, but that's basically directly related to a lack of Belkast posts. Which is completely irrational.

I'm confused.

Relax buddy. The guy has a life away from OH too. Its all going to work out. Hang in there.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in Severna Park. My dad's 2nd ex-wife Anna became good friends with with Lesley Brown (Pat Sajak's wife) during ballet lessons for my sister and Lesley's daughter Maggie. Pat Sajack is good friends with Mark Teixeira's dads brother. Apparently, every other weekend while not shooting Wheel of Fortune Pat Sajack go to McDoogals Men's Club in Pasadena together. His dad's brother (Mark Teixeira's uncle) were was told by Mark he has always wanted to play for the Yankees and its only a 3 and a half hour drive. However, the Yankees are not offering the kind of money that he really wants so he is choosing between the Nationals and Orioles. This was all told at a girl's night out lastnight between Lesley and Anna when they went to see Four Christmases. Also, Lesley Brown said she would leave Pat Sajack for Vince Vaughn during the movie. This is all true how could someone possibly make this up?

The longer between insider posts, the more depressed these threads get. I'm not getting a real fun feeling, but that's basically directly related to a lack of Belkast posts. Which is completely irrational.

I'm confused.

It could be he's just waiting for the announcement. We've heard that they are working on semantics now.

Belkast said he wouldn't announce the signing, he'd wait for it to break elsewhere. However if things changed for the worse, he'd let us know.

His not posting is good news... :)

Not to be panicky, but when you think about Karl Ravich's report, it really sounds like the kind of stuff that Boras would say in order to get another team to up their bid. So perhaps Boras is Ravich's source.

I do think Ravich is a clown. Has he ever broken a story before? Isn't he just a host and the others are the color guys or insiders?

Before I depart for the evening, I leave you all with this. And Belkast, feel free to correct me in the morning if I'm off base here.

It seemed like a lot of people thought things were heating up between the O's and Tex today. In fact, it was believed by some that a deal might be announced as early as this evening.

Belkast has been mum for the most part, and considering he said he'd let the O's break the news of a Teixeira deal... well, let's just say this might very well be one of those cases where no news is good news.

Perhaps I'm off base. If I am, I apologize. I just hope that helps some of you sleep a little better this evening. Goodnight! :)

I do think Ravich is a clown. Has he ever broken a story before? Isn't he just a host and the others are the color guys or insiders?

I've never seen Ravich do any reporting before, so it's surprising to see anything like this from him. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a clown, but I don't think it's his gig to make calls and dig for information. That's what Olney and Kirkjian are for.

I grew up in Severna Park. My dad's 2nd ex-wife Anna became good friends with with Lesley Brown (Pat Sajak's wife) during ballet lessons for my sister and Lesley's daughter Maggie. Pat Sajack is good friends with Mark Teixeira's dads brother. Apparently, every other weekend while not shooting Wheel of Fortune Pat Sajack go to McDoogals Men's Club in Pasadena together. His dad's brother (Mark Teixeira's uncle) were was told by Mark he has always wanted to play for the Yankees and its only a 3 and a half hour drive. However, the Yankees are not offering the kind of money that he really wants so he is choosing between the Nationals and Orioles. This was all told at a girl's night out lastnight between Lesley and Anna when they went to see Four Christmases. Also, Lesley Brown said she would leave Pat Sajack for Vince Vaughn during the movie. This is all true how could someone possibly make this up?

While the ladies were out, did they look at the house on the shore that the the builder who is a card-playing friend of Tex's father is trying to sell to Tex. Because maybe Pat would want to buy it.

I don't see how you'd be off base, man. You're certainly free to interpret Belkast's lack of news as you please. I tend to agree, though, in the end, that no news is good news in this case. We can only hope.

One last thing. If something was amiss, I have no doubt that Belkast would've told us in his last post.

Anyway, goodnight ladies and gents. :)

I've never seen Ravich do any reporting before, so it's surprising to see anything like this from him. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a clown, but I don't think it's his gig to make calls and dig for information. That's what Olney and Kirkjian are for.

When I said clown. It was meaning he demeans anyone but the big 5/6. The rest was my point and you hit on it.

I grew up in SP and can confirm this as all true.

Archived