ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, blah blah blah Nationals, blah blah Angels, blah blah Red Sox

Angelos won't offer more than Nationals

Angels or Red Sox

Blah.

:down:

Haha do the Nationals have more revenue than the Orioles? If not, I cannot see why we would not offer more than them:confused: Gammons makes me so frustrated with this whole Tex situation and makes me think it will never end:(

And Rosenthal can't understand why the Yankees aren't bidding on Tex:

I wonder if Rosenthal wears a pinstripe suit to work with red socks... :rolleyestf:

That wasn't the column I was expecting from him.

Yeah, it really seems the only qualification news sources like ESPN and Fox look for in a sports journalist, is are you a Red Sox or a Yankee fan.

I mean, I know Gammons is a HOF, but he really gets me. He just always has that crooked smirk on his face everytime he mentions the Red Sox.

I know guys like Gammons, Olney, Rosenthal, and Tim K have their sources, but really, how much journalism does it take when all you do is take the top 3 or 4 FA on the market, and say there all going to be a Red Sox or a Yankee? And if they do sign with another team, its because the Red Sox or Yankees let them

BTW, Gammons just said Angelos won't go higher then the Nationals. He also said all the teams EXCEPT the Orioles will give Teixeira the biggest contract in MLB history other then A-Rods.

Did the insiders today hint at what kind of contract we have on the table?

Yep, blah blah blah Nationals, blah blah Angels, blah blah Red Sox

Angelos won't offer more than Nationals

Angels or Red Sox

Blah.

:down:

Gammons is a broken record. He hasn't reported anything new or even any kind of "insider information" that has made him feel the way he does. He is reporting that because obviously LA and Boston are supposed to be better attractions for free agents.

Well if he signs with the Sox who is going to boo him? The yard will be full of Sox fans cheering him as usual when the Sox come to town. Just saying.

OMG, I just thought about the feeling if this actually happens. I didnt think it could get worse than it was the last time I went to an O's Sox game but it can, it sure can. Please dont let him sign with them.

Yeah, it really seems the only qualification news sources like ESPN and Fox look for in a sports journalist, is are you a Red Sox or a Yankee fan.

I mean, I know Gammons is a HOF, but he really gets me. He just always has that crooked smirk on his face everytime he mentions the Red Sox.

I know guys like Gammons, Olney, Rosenthal, and Tim K have their sources, but really, how much journalism does it take when all you do is take the top 3 or 4 FA on the market, and say there all going to be a Red Sox or a Yankee? And if they do sign with another team, its because the Red Sox or Yankees let them

BTW, Gammons just said Angelos won't go higher then the Nationals. He also said all the teams EXCEPT the Orioles will give Teixeira the biggest contract in MLB history other then A-Rods.

One hinted a few days ago that 9/180 and 10/200 were low guesses...

I think we are offering 10/230 which is exactly what Tex wanted this offseason.

I really just can't see the Nationals over-bidding us.

Wouldn't 8/180 make him the highest paid player outside of ARod? Anyone else making more than $22.5 Million per year? If the Orioles have an offer on the table you would figure it to be at least 8/160. The highest offer I heard was Boston at 8/200. All the reports have the Orioles at 7/140-150. If that was the case then why did Boras say that he has 8 year offers from every team. We know Washington, Boston, and Los Angelos all made 8 year offers. The only team he would be lying about would be the O's and I do not buy that.

If you look at the marketing tactics by Boras, the other three teams interested in Teixeira are all named, but Baltimore is curiously abscent, why? Maybe because Boras is trying to drive up the offer from the Orioles. I have heard NOTHING from the national media regarding Teixeira having the Orioles any higher than 3rd out of 4 teams. Even though he clearly wants to play for an East Coast team AND the Angels are having discussions about Manny Ramirez. That rules the Angels out in my mind, yet every media outlet still has them as his second or third most likely landing spot. It is just not adding up.

BTW we set the record again yesterday for the most users logged on to the Hangout with 1100.

The previous record was earlier this year in January when we thought the Bedard trade had gone down...

I suspect tomorrow we'll break it again. :)

It was probably more than 1100 since the site did crash.

Wouldn't 8/180 make him the highest paid player outside of ARod? Anyone else making more than $22.5 Million per year? If the Orioles have an offer on the table you would figure it to be at least 8/160. The highest offer I heard was Boston at 8/200. All the reports have the Orioles at 7/140-150. If that was the case then why did Boras say that he has 8 year offers from every team. We know Washington, Boston, and Los Angelos all made 8 year offers. The only team he would be lying about would be the O's and I do not buy that.

If you look at the marketing tactics by Boras, the other three teams interested in Teixeira are all named, but Baltimore is curiously abscent, why? Maybe because Boras is trying to drive up the offer from the Orioles. I have heard NOTHING from the national media regarding Teixeira having the Orioles any higher than 3rd out of 4 teams. Even though he clearly wants to play for an East Coast team AND the Angels are having discussions about Manny Ramirez. That rules the Angels out in my mind, yet every media outlet still has them as his second or third most likely landing spot. It is just not adding up.

Sabathia is making $23M a year now. So Teix would be 3rd highest paid player on average if he signed fro $22.5M a year.

One hinted a few days ago that 9/180 and 10/200 were low guesses...

I think we are offering 10/230 which is exactly what Tex wanted this offseason.

That is crazy money and I would be VERY shocked if we actually made an offer in that range. If it goes that high, then I have a feeling we are out. The media is reporting that 8/180 or 8/200 is the highest offer. I do not see the Red Sox going 10 years, advantage everyone else. Teixeira isn't likely to pick the Angels as they play of the left coast, advantage everyone else. If Teixeira had to choose between Baltimore or Washington, I would imagine he would choose Baltimore assuming there was less than a $15 Million differance in total salary. I like how it looks on paper. What I do not like is that the numbers are this high, but there hasn't been a wisper about Tex joining the Orioles (Outside of OH of course).

Archived