Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Did I miss something? Is he not in the lineup tonight?

Probably have to wait until closer to game time to find out.  We don't know.  We do know he wasn't in last night's lineup.

9 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If he felt something in his tricep then he is not healthy and this is a more serious injury.  

All signs point to this being a more serious injury from the start, possibly involving his shoulder or elbow. 

Ok.  But why didn't he feel something while rehabbing in Florida?   If he did, they wouldn't have sent him out for the rehab.   If it was something they knew was serious and needed surgery, I don't believe they would have sent him on the rehab in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If he's not in the lineup tonight...OH will reach meltdown status.

If he's not in there tonight they'll be forced to say something about it because that's when the press skeleton crew will finally ask questions. There are too many eyes on this rehab to not. So I dunno what the big fuss is. He's probably not injured but if he is we'll know about it literally today.

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Right so why are you saying 3 consecutive days without catching?

I didn't say that.   I said I could understand him not catching on 2 consecutive days (IE he DH'd in his 2nd game) but when he didn't play at all on the 3rd night it was a HUGE red flag.

44 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

There is some whistling by the graveyard in this observation, but it is conceivable the Catcher-DH-Day Off was the BLUEPRINT for the entire Aberdeen week.

Not that we'll ever know.

Yep.  Weather cold and each day is GTD.  I bet he's catching tonight, has 2 CS and a knock in his five inning stint.  :clap:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I didn't say that.   I said I could understand him not catching on 2 consecutive days (IE he DH'd in his 2nd game) but when he didn't play at all on the 3rd night it was a HUGE red flag.

Ok I misunderstood what you were saying originally. I do think this is a a bit alarmist now, without knowing today’s lineup. Especially if you consider how conservative this team is with its minor league prospects. 

6 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Yep.  Weather cold and each day is GTD.  I bet he's catching tonight, has 2 CS and a knock in his five inning stint.  :clap:

I'll take the bet!   I say he's not in the lineup and I hope like hell that I'm wrong.   I just can't fathom a logical explanation on why he wasn't in the lineup last night.   He's rehabbing in Florida getting plenty of reps, his injury didn't effect him keeping his legs in shape.   His injury was either better or it wasn't.   If they were afraid the injury couldn't withstand 2 consecutive days of batting, then it wasn't rehabbed.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'll take the bet!   I say he's not in the lineup and I hope like hell that I'm wrong.   I just can't fathom a logical explanation on why he wasn't in the lineup last night.   He's rehabbing in Florida getting plenty of reps, his injury didn't effect him keeping his legs in shape.   His injury was either better or it wasn't.   If they were afraid the injury couldn't withstand 2 consecutive days of batting, then it wasn't rehabbed.

This seems like an exaggeration. I'm not attacking you here, I always really enjoy your posts. I'm just saying, I could see the Orioles being like "these are his first live pro games of the season, let's ease him in with partial games, DHing, and days off in order to really make extremely sure we're ramping him up safely." That seems like a logical, if excessive, explanation, no? 

We don't know the extent of what he was doing in his FL rehab - it could have been much less than 4 ABs of a live game. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I liked what the Ironbirds did on Twitter when they  posted the lineup yesterday afternoon.

Yeah - with no mention of AR to the turnstile-pushing public!  🙃  Stay tuned!

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

This seems like an exaggeration. I'm not attacking you here, I always really enjoy your posts. I'm just saying, I could see the Orioles being like "this is his first live pro game of the season, let's ease him in with partial games, DHing, and days off in order to really make extremely sure we're ramping him up safely." That seems like a logical, if excessive, explanation, no? 

We don't know the extent of what he was doing in his FL rehab - it could have been much less than 4 ABs of a live game. 

It's possible that they gave him the 3rd night off to ease him back in.   I just don't buy it but I will happily buy into it if he's in the lineup tonight and starts playing regularly.

By the way, I would think that Adley was getting live AB's and simulated games down in Florida to really test him out before sending him out.  Kind of embarassing if he rehabbed for 30 days and then re-injures himself in the first game back.   I would guess that he would have been put through a pretty rigorous test to make sure he was 100% ready to go.  Of course, I could be 100% wrong about all of that.

So, in conclusion.  He might not be injured at all.   In that case, I still find it very surprising that he can' bat 3 games in succession or catch 2 of 3 games., or even catch 1 game and DH the next two.