Adley, Hall to Aberdeen

Legend_Of_Joey

1 hour ago, jdwilde1 said:

Last year Salvador Perez started 120 at catcher and 40 games at DH.  That’s about 75% of starts behind the plate.  I really do not see why Adley, who is seven years younger, could not handle a similar workload.  Ideally he’s playing 150+ and catching 75% of the time next year.

Wieters had seasons of 134, 132, 129 and 121 starts behind the plate.   Those were all before his TJ surgery.   Afterwards his highs were 113 and 111.

Posey, on the other hand, was used more sparingly.  His highs were 122, 119, 111 and 109.    So, there’s more than one school of thought about this.   

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Lol. Batting 2nd at catcher. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

No one listens to me around here. 🙂

No, it's just you always go with the absolute rosiest version of what could happen and this time you are right. If rosey means that the organiation is the most ultra conservative rehabbing team on the face of the earth, then you got it!

We all said it was plausible, but knowing how this organiation treats it's prospects like interchanegeble Fabrege eggs, we probably should have just assumed that they would think he needs an entire day off after ctaching 5 inngs and then DHing. lol

I mean, the kid is 24 years old. Gotta save those legs for when he's catching for the Yankees at 32 years old. ;)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

No, it's just you always go with the absolute rosiest version of what could happen and this time you are right. If rosey means that the organiation is the most ultra conservative rehabbing team on the face of the earth, then you got it!

We all said it was plausible, but knowing how this organiation treats it's prospects like interchanegeble Fabrege eggs, we probably should have just assumed that they would think he needs an entire day off after ctaching 5 inngs and then DHing. lol

I mean, the kid is 24 years old. Gotta save those legs for when he's catching for the Yankees at 32 years old. ;)

Are you really this fed up? Or just still raw from being screwed out of credentials.  (Sorry if that was out of line)  Honestly, if it were me I would have a very hard time keeping my anger out of my opinion.  

But saving AR's knees for when he is catching at 32 for the Yankees!!??  That's pure Gold.

Chin up our fearless leader, things are going to get better.  We may be old and senile, but one day Tony, management will care about baseball and people will flock to Oriole Park at Camden Yards.  One day the owners will respect the game and the fans.  And when they do, it will be better and the people will come, Tony.

Tony, people will come, Tony.

They’ll come to Baltimore for reasons they can’t even fathom. They’ll turn not knowing for sure why they’re doing it. They’ll arrive at OPACY as innocent as children, longing for the past.

“Of course, we won’t mind if you look around,” you’ll say. “It’s only twenty dollars per person.” They’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they lack.

And they’ll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They’ll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they’ll watch the game, and it’ll be as if they’d dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they’ll have to brush them away from their faces.

People will come, Tony.

The one constant through all the years, Tony, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game — it’s a part of our past, Tony. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Tony. People will most definitely come.

(Apologies to Terence Mann)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hutchead said:

Hall done for the night. Four innings pitched. Two singles, no runs, 6 k's and 0 walks.

I’ll be interested to hear how his stuff looked.  Gillespie, who followed him, also allowed only 2 hits snd struck out 6 in 4 IP.  (Actually, now 7 K’s in 5 IP.)

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll be interested to hear how his stuff looked.  Gillespie, who followed him, also allowed only 2 hits snd struck out 6 in 4 IP.  (Actually, now 7 K’s in 5 IP.)

You gotta move him up to Bowie after this. Right?

You never know with Elias. He could get another three starts in Aberdeen. 

33 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Are you really this fed up? Or just still raw from being screwed out of credentials.  (Sorry if that was out of line)  Honestly, if it were me I would have a very hard time keeping my anger out of my opinion.  

But saving AR's knees for when he is catching at 32 for the Yankees!!??  That's pure Gold.

Chin up our fearless leader, things are going to get better.  We may be old and senile, but one day Tony, management will care about baseball and people will flock to Oriole Park at Camden Yards.  One day the owners will respect the game and the fans.  And when they do, it will be better and the people will come, Tony.

Tony, people will come, Tony.

They’ll come to Baltimore for reasons they can’t even fathom. They’ll turn not knowing for sure why they’re doing it. They’ll arrive at OPACY as innocent as children, longing for the past.

“Of course, we won’t mind if you look around,” you’ll say. “It’s only twenty dollars per person.” They’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it. For it is money they have and peace they lack.

And they’ll walk out to the bleachers, and sit in shirt-sleeves on a perfect afternoon. They’ll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they’ll watch the game, and it’ll be as if they’d dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they’ll have to brush them away from their faces.

People will come, Tony.

The one constant through all the years, Tony, has been baseball.

America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time.

This field, this game — it’s a part of our past, Tony. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again.

Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Tony. People will most definitely come.

(Apologies to Terence Mann)

I like it, nice job. 

Who knows? I'm fed up with a lot of things and although screwwing me out of credentials has not made me happy with the organization, I'm salty because I see guys on this roster that belong in the big leagues.

I'm salty because good prospects keep going out with injuries. 

I'm a little salty because Elias is fielding an absolutely awful Delmarva team because he doesn't draft high school players and his DR players are pretty awful so far (at least the ones that have made it up to Delmarva outside Chace and De Los Santos).

Sure there are bright spots in teh org, but watching this team totally suck for the 4th year in a row because Elias did nothing of value to imprive it or even have the right depth (he has no left-handed veteran AAA outfielders that he could have brought up when Stewart failed.)

It's just depressing so guys like Odor, Owings, Gutierrez on this team and even Nevin is not an answer to anything. 

But here I am.. Watching once again.. lol

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Obviously not a great angle, but he was using allof his pitches from what I could tell. Fastball command wasn't great but he was able to throw all his pitches for strikes. He should be moved up.

17 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't even really disagree with any of this, is the thing. I only ever said that this was what was happening, and thought it was pretty obvious that it was, but not that I fully supported it. I don't, to be clear. I think it's overkill for sure. But I also don't think it's SUCH a big deal, either. But that doesn't mean I feel particularly rosy about it. 

28 minutes ago, interloper said:

DHing today. 

Expect the off day Sunday. It sucks, but it's likely to happen so set your expectations.

I doubt he has an off day tomorrow, given that Monday is an off day for everyone.   

• Like 1