Tex signed?

Old Beta

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll add this... I think it was Roch who blogged about Tex and a physical. He speculated that Tex would either be assumed to be healthy, or already did his own physical and had the papers in hand. If true, this deal should go down REAL fast.

Anybody else not seeing new posts in the big thread? Is it just me?
I can not see the last one. It didn't get locked down did it?
The thread wouldn't let me add new posts.

Its par for the course. The site (so I've been told) goes through some maintenance, and just about every night between 4 and 4:30 the posting becomes ultra slow and won't show any new posts outside of the thread.

I know this because I've worked nights since I've been a member here. Carry on people of the daytime world.

It IS 5 am... :P

Something I question, if 7117's post was dated 3:40am, I find it hard to believe AM and Boras and Tex are working this far into the wee hours, even for something this important. Could also be just that 7117's source heard it later, texted 7117 even later, and he posted even later.

I'm just rambling here... hope it's true.

What he said.

This thread will explode as soon as the sleepy heads wake up. How do you people sleep SO late?

Anyway, if true, this is the news we've been waiting for. Unfortunately, even if true, we may not hear an official release for a while yet. Wonder who the O's will let break the news? Hopefully not ESPN, and we know for sure it won't be WNST. I am gonna go for either Viv at 10am or Roch.

As a side note, everybody is asking why this got posted so late. I woudl imagine if a deal was struck last night (and keep in mind, that is still a big IF) I'm sure it was pretty late, then they probably hung out for a little while sipping on some adult beverages, and THEN this guy's source texted our guy. Its not like as soon as the deal was signed the text went out. It was probably a few hours after the fact. Just my opinion.

Time is not an issue..in negotiations there is no day, night..when things are moving, you keep going. I recall the Yanks, Sabathia was leaked to the press at about this time in the morning...

I doubt that anyone would accept (totally) an in hand physical..it is like believing someone about a used car. The O's would want their Drs. to review and confirm the findings.

I won't believe it until Belkast, BigBird, et al confirm. this has been too much of a rollercoaster for me.

If true, I will love the mud in eye for Gammons in particular. He will come up with some last minute thing happened that surprised everyone.

Archived