Teixeira Watch: Part VIII- Decisions, Decisions

Greg Pappas

At this point, I doubt he is coming here.

I think the Angels have gone up in their offer, which is surprising to me. If they are saying they are still in it, its because they have moved off of the 8/160 offer and put a lot more on the table.

If Henry is right, there are multiple wow offers out there...One appears to be from DC...The other is either Baltimore or Anaheim...i am betting Anaheim.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry...but I kind of agree with blueberry. I think it will be great for him to be here if it happens, but it seems quite obvious that he is in this for the most money. I don't blame him for that, but if he truly wanted to play here above all else, this would have been done a long, long time ago.

Thats really not true, it happens all the time in negotiations when a player wants to go somewhere but the agent tells him to let him handle it and get the most money possible. A lot of times the player finally says enough is enough and let me sign already.

Sorry...but I kind of agree with blueberry. I think it will be great for him to be here if it happens, but it seems quite obvious that he is in this for the most money. I don't blame him for that, but if he truly wanted to play here above all else, this would have been done a long, long time ago.

I never said "above all else."

It takes two to tango. It's not fair to act like he should just have come here open arms and take what we give him...

But, if the reports are all true, Boston and DC have offered him substantial dollars--potentially more. I'm sure we are in the same range. It's pretty clear, that part of his choice was coming back home.

FWIW... my guy just said there is no talk of a Tex deal with the O's and still feels like he'll be a Red Sox.

You've been saying that all along. Would your guy be in the inner circle? Because I can't see anyone outside of the Orioles brain-trust having any knowledge of this whatsoever...

I am starting to wonder what prompted Belkast to say what he said

Archived