Teixeira Watch: Part VIII- Decisions, Decisions

Greg Pappas

I think that means the east coast, plus I think Washington will get him before his because they will offer a boat load of cash

It is the East Coast. Tex and his wife has consistently stated they want to live on the East Coast and be close to family and friends. Therefore, ""I believe the decision will be based on family and geography," a source said."

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"It is believed the organization has been pitching Teixeira, known for his intelligence at the plate and diligence off the field, on the notion that the club has the potential to follow in the Rays' golden path. On a clear day in D.C., they apparently can see themselves vaulting from worst to first by placing Teixeira in a mix that includes the likes of Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge and Josh Willingham."

There is no way Tex believes this crap.

Exactly right. Look at the Standings. The Nationals have the Phillies, Mets, Marlins, and Braves in ahead of them last year. How in the blue heck will the Nationals vault themselves from worst to first next year? That clear day in D.C. looks to be like a clear day 100 years later.

"It is believed the organization has been pitching Teixeira, known for his intelligence at the plate and diligence off the field, on the notion that the club has the potential to follow in the Rays' golden path. On a clear day in D.C., they apparently can see themselves vaulting from worst to first by placing Teixeira in a mix that includes the likes of Ryan Zimmerman, Lastings Milledge and Josh Willingham."

There is no way Tex believes this crap.

Lastings Milledge? :laughlol: :laughlol: :laughlol: :laughlol:

LOL! This is right after they walked out and said, "oh no we're getting outbid and we're sitting this one out." This is getting to be very interesting.

I just don't see it. And Gammons has a "source". News from a source is NEVER accurate.

EDIT: Where did you see this? ESPN does not have this in the article or Gammons' blog.

Ive been at work all day and I am slowly reading through today's posts, so I apologize in advance if someone already made this point:

Does anyone else find it utterly mindblowing that the mainstream sports media (Mostly ESPN) continously fails to mention the little team from Baltimore in these blogs/stories. Could it be extreme bias on their part, or are they totally out of the loop?

Or, are we truly not a part of this?

I dont know, I guess this whole thing is just frustrating the s*** out of me.

It is the East Coast. Tex and his wife has consistently stated they want to live on the East Coast and be close to family and friends. Therefore, ""I believe the decision will be based on family and geography," a source said."

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but family and geography to me...eliminates the Red Sox. If that quote right there is indeed 100% true, then it has to be between Washington and Baltimore. Just one man's opinion.

Exactly right. Look at the Standings. The Nationals have the Phillies, Mets, Marlins, and Braves in ahead of them last year. How in the blue heck will the Nationals vault themselves from worst to first next year? That clear day in D.C. looks to be like a clear day 100 years later.

Not only that, but look at the names they listed. Zimmerman is the only one that I think is a difference maker. Millage has not shown me anything, and they are building around Willinham? These guys don't compare to Roberts, Jones, Markakis, and Weiters.

Archived