Teixeira Watch: Part VIII- Decisions, Decisions

Greg Pappas

He is not a hometown savior/hero, he is a mercenary. There's nothing wrong with being a mercenary (well, as long as you're playing baseball rather than killing people for profit ;) ) but that is all he is, nothing less, nothing more. This process has shown clearly that he is not going to any team out of personal commitment or the goodness of his heart. He does not deserve any special treatment over those Orioles who happened to be born in other places.

I agree with this to some extent. But alas I have given out to much rep in the last 24hrs.:noidea:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is not a hometown savior/hero, he is a mercenary. There's nothing wrong with being a mercenary (well, as long as you're playing baseball rather than killing people for profit ;) ) but that is all he is, nothing less, nothing more. This process has shown clearly that he is not going to any team out of personal commitment or the goodness of his heart. He does not deserve any special treatment over those Orioles who happened to be born in other places.

Well, I guess his treatment will depend on how he performs should he sign with the O's.

Well he said (on the Sun's forum), that's announced at 3. So only 41 minutes to see whether he is right or not. hah

So if this guy is right, can we draft him to the Hangout? Maybe we can start up our own laborious negotiation process to lure him away from the Sun board.

The only thing that gives me even the slightest reason to believe he could be legit is that he has over 500 posts there. If it was his first post or he had very few, I'd dismiss it without a second thought.

Still probably nothing, though.

He posted here, using the same name, and said the same thing.

But, it was his first post here. Very easy to dismiss that. And his post was very quickly deleted.

Just heard on ESPN radio that it seems as if its down to two teams......Angels and Nationals.

Just relaying what I heard, I don't believe it. I think he's going to be an Oriole!

Didn't the Angels already say that they had moved on? Why is the National media still hung up on this Anaheim thing?

Get out of here. Of course he wants equal money, and high end money. He's not a fool.

But if he came here, he is obviously choosing his hometown over other very viable options. To call him a mercenary is wrong.

That lays it out pretty well... Seems to be that the final countdown has begun on Tex's decision.

Did I hear you right?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Maybe, Boras ends up going back to the Sox with an offer to basically accept their proposal BUT with an improved offer to Varitek as a side agreement.

At which point, if I'm Mark Texeira, I promptly sue him for every dime he's ever made in this weasely business.

When you're represetning me, you represent me. Get Varitek a contract when you're working on his deal, not mine. :angryfire:

So if this guy is right, can we draft him to the Hangout? Maybe we can start up our own laborious negotiation process to lure him away from the Sun board.

Seriously. He was on the Hangout. For about 10 seconds. Posted. Deleted Banned.

It's all over for DesolateRaven.

Get out of here. Of course he wants equal money, and high end money. He's not a fool.

But if he came here, he is obviously choosing his hometown over other very viable options. To call him a mercenary is wrong.

Sorry...but I kind of agree with blueberry. I think it will be great for him to be here if it happens, but it seems quite obvious that he is in this for the most money. I don't blame him for that, but if he truly wanted to play here above all else, this would have been done a long, long time ago.

Archived