Teixeira Watch: Part VIII- Decisions, Decisions

Greg Pappas

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well...if he did give us the chance to match the best offers, then I may retract a bit. But, again, he still held out for the most money. If his biggest goal was to be playing for the Orioles, he could have accepted the 7/150 offer.

I think the only factor in our favor is that we may get the "last chance" to sign him. While I can certainly not begrudge him in getting every last nickel that he can, if he TRULY just wanted to be an Oriole, this negotiation would be done. He could have had Boras make the calls, get an idea of his worth to other teams, and told the Orioles that he wants what Team X is offering, and this would be done.

Maybe he has...offers keep changing.

You act like he's not allowed to drive his price up. Even if you only want to go to one place, you dont just walk in and say "give me this and I'm yours."

Wow. I know this has been discussed a ton, but I still can't believe how different bigbird and Belkast's sources are.

And isn't it funny how people run for 130 pages with Belkast's posts, and bigbird's posts are grumbled about and quickly forgotten.

People believe what they want to hear...

As it should. But frankly, if I were Mark Teixeira I would be inclined against signing with the Orioles because of all the passion O's fans have for him. If he slumps or gets injured and has a slow recovery, the passion for him is likely to turn against him with a much greater vengeance than it would if he signed with a team which just regarded him as another player and didn't pay him more than twice as much as anyone else on their team.

This is also bs...

Baltimore as a whole has a huge Napoleon complex...they'll always hold him in esteem for choosing his home instead of Boston/Yankee money.

We just don't boo our guys unless it gets desperate...let alone hometown guys.

Archived