Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, the longer Tex drags this thing out I start to wonder about his credibility with the public... He wanted it done before Christmas but it look slike it go well go longer and its all about money... What about his good-guy reputation? Do you think it will suffer at all if this drags out into Jan and beyond?

I realize SB doesn't worry about these things since all of MLB thinks he's the devil... except money-hungry players.[/quote

SB's reputation will suffer with the reat of his client roster. It's like the world has stopped til Tex signs. If it drags into the New Year, his other clients will feel like they are getting the bums rush

Here's a comment that Roch answered to his latest blog:

Eric said:

Roch,

Is this referring to the rumor that was started on the Sun board? Looks like we won't hear anything about a signing until after the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think we'll have to wait that long, but Christmas is starting to look optimistic. I doubt any team would announce his signing, or schedule a physical, over the holiday. If not tomorrow, I wonder if this will extend at least into the weekend. - Roch

Yeah, I asked him that.

Olney's been just about cheering for Boston to get Tex while Rosenthal has been cheering for the Yanks to get Tex.

I get the charges that Gammons is seriously pro-Sox but can someone explain to me why on Earth Buster Olney would be rooting for the Red Sox for any reason? Or why Rosenthal is rooting for the Yankees?

The funny thing is that many of my fellow Red Sox fans think Olney displays a decided Yankee-bias.

Columnists root for one thing. Interesting and controversial events that stir interest on the part of potential readers. Since it is pretty clear that most of the baseball world hates the Red Sox (Sux?) then wouldn't Olney want to root AGAINST the Red Sox?? Since most expect the Sox to sign Tex, I would think the much more compelling story is one of the MLB star who puts community and family before $$$$?

It would seem to me that both Rosenthal and Olney would happily accept that result.

...it look s like it go well go longer and its all about money...

I realize SB doesn't worry about these things since all of MLB thinks he's the devil... except money-hungry players.

I get tired of reading posts that refer to players as "money-hungry" or "money-grubbing" as though they weren't the professionals they are; as though there weren't so incredibly few men with skills like this; with no consideration regarding the astronomical profitability of MLB; and as if there was something immoral or unethical in players both sharing in MLB's profits and working for the most money an employer will give them; or as if the criteria a player uses to determine if he has enough to provide for himself and his family is a public issue upon which your opinion has weight.

I get tired of reading posts that refer to players as "money-hungry" or "money-grubbing"s as though they weren't the professionals they are; as though there weren't so incredibly few men with skills like this; with no consideration regarding the astronomical profitability of MLB; and as if there was something immoral or unethical in players both sharing in MLB's profits and working for the most money an employer will give them; or as if the criteria a player uses to determine if he has enough to provide for himself and his family is a public issue upon which your opinion has weight.

You are right. My "money-hungry" description was not correct.

Eh, I hate being that guy... but I kinda agree with Dan the Man. I don't think Roch's post was all that exciting. I wouldn't have the gall to call Roch out on it though; Roch does a great job doing what he does.

Maybe not the most interesting post by Roch, but I would certainly prefer it to him lieing to me or sugarcoating it. Some people live in a fantasy world (that isisn't directed at you Enjoy Terror, BTW)

I dont expect Roch to walk into the Warehouse and just get showered with info from AM.

Fair statement. But at the same time, you wouldn't expect Roch to just make posts when there's nothing to report, which I think is the issue. It's like he's trying to make a mountain out of a molehill because right now baseball is basically as dead as it's going to be newswise all year.

Whatever, doesn't matter. I can't tell him how to do his job.

Archived