Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Agreed - I find it very difficult to gauge actual contracts offered through all the media BS. I think AM should stand firm until the final hour. For all we know, Boras leaked the 175 number attached to Bostons offer. Again, it's speculation that we will have the last say - but I think that is our golden ticket, if in fact we do have it...

It certainly is possible that offers have been made that the media doesn't know about but I would bet that the offers we are hearing from the various teams are the very least they have offered.

It is safe to assume that IMO.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard on espn980 from Kevin Sheehan that Tex has said he has not ruled out the Angels offer, dont know why he would come out and say that other than trying to get the other teams more desperate.

Well, I don't think it matters what he feels about the Angels if the team is no longer interested :laughlol:

Just heard on espn980 from Kevin Sheehan that Tex has said he has not ruled out the Angels offer, dont know why he would come out and say that other than trying to get the other teams more desperate.

Eliminating a team off the record is much differant than pushing them away. The more known suitors the better as fas a negotiations are concerned. Boras was trying to do damage control. The Angels may call his bluff and move on, which is what I would do.

I thought I read somewhere in the past few days that Teixeira wanted to personally meet with each team's owner and GM before signing to make sure they were absolutely committed to winning. Did he meet any other owners, face-to-face, other than John Henry?

I thought I read somewhere in the past few days that Teixeira wanted to personally meet with each team's owner and GM before signing to make sure they were absolutely committed to winning. Did he meet any other owners, face-to-face, other than John Henry?

I hadn't heard that (the wanting to meet the Owners bit)

He's allowed to do anything he wants. He's the client after all.

Representation agreements usually don't restrict the client. If there are any restrictions they will probably focus on what Boras can and can't do, not on limiting Tex.

Now being able to negotiate for himself and it being a smart idea are two different things. Boras will almost certainly have asked Tex to allow all negotiations to flow through Boras' office. But there's no law or anything that would prevent Tex from talking to various clubs or individuals associated with clubs if he chose to do so.

Ok. That clears things up for me. I just always assumed that agents would have a clause of some sort to be present if said player wanted to talk to particular teams.

Eliminating a team off the record is much differant than pushing them away. The more known suitors the better as fas a negotiations are concerned. Boras was trying to do damage control. The Angels may call his bluff and move on, which is what I would do.

Exactly correct.

Why wouldn't he want to meet with all the owners that he is about to sign a huge contract with?

Archived