Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Not sure if it's new...but ESPN has an Insider article claming the Yanks are out. (I can't read it...of course)

The Angels withdrew their offer to Teixeira, but the Yankees will not step in to fill the void as serious players for the first baseman.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb%2ffeatures%2frumors

Might be rehashed....sorry if it is. Im losing it.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love it when you say "take a little tour around". I did that. What did I find? Stunning Alicia Keys putting a grape in her mouth. And the title above the picture "that ain't the only thing I want to put in her mouth."

So yes the site is just like the Onion where they generate fake headlines and make stuff up.

True but if you look further- you realize there is true updates on the Tex signing prior to that one. This could be a publicity stunt to get the website some attention- but they could really have a source that leaked the news- you never know. I certainly hope it's bogus.

If it is true- and he signs there- I suddenly think that I will feel betrayed- not so much for him signing there- but the way he's portrayed "his attraction to the O's" only to gain leverage.

Not sure if it's new...but ESPN has an Insider article claming the Yanks are out. (I can't read it...of course)

The Angels withdrew their offer to Teixeira, but the Yankees will not step in to fill the void as serious players for the first baseman.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fmlb%2ffeatures%2frumors

Might be rehashed....sorry if it is. Im losing it.

Nope, I don't think anyone's mentioned this one.

Here's the content:

The decision of the Angels to pull out of the Mark Teixeira sweepstakes on Sunday does not mean the Yankees are now more involved, the New York Daily News reported.

The newspaper reported that the Red Sox are once again the likely favorites to sign the high-priced free agent and Sunday's events do not point to the Yankees emerging as "serious players," according to all indications.

The Yankees have had discussions with agent Scott Boras about Teixeira, the latest a few days ago, but have yet to indicate a willingness to make the type of offer, at least eight years, $160 million, it would take to have a shot at the 28-year-old first baseman. At this point it seems Teixeira will play on the East Coast, which is known to be his preference.

The Red Sox, Nationals and Orioles have all made offers, with the Nationals and Orioles hoping Teixeira will want to play close to his Maryland roots.

Not exactly saying that the Yankees are OUT but merely that they have yet to be IN

True but if you look further- you realize there is true updates on the Tex signing prior to that one. This could be a publicity stunt to get the website some attention- but they could really have a source that leaked the news- you never know. I certainly hope it's bogus.

If it is true- and he signs there- I suddenly think that I will feel betrayed- not so much for him signing there- but the way he's portrayed "his attraction to the O's" only to gain leverage.

If he can't make his self-imposed Christmas deadline then I will start to question if the bolded part of your statement is true.

Nope, I don't think anyone's mentioned this one.

Here's the content:

Not exactly saying that the Yankees are OUT but merely that they have yet to be IN

Beat me to it. Was about to paste the content. I'm just happy I can be home tomorrow, have Orioles Hangout open all day, with ESPN running on the TV, to see if there will be breaking news.

Archived