Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From WNST - Drew's blog:

Trying to communicate with my Orioles’ confidant isn’t easy. Because no one at the Warehouse is allowed to speak with me (but some still do), I have to look for smoke signals and listen for sounds in the outback like Mick Dundee made in Crocodile Dundee 2.

I tried to reach out to my O’s contact on Sunday and didn’t get a reply. That’s not odd - sometimes my inquiries take hours to return, sometimes a day or two.

I’m pleased to report, though, that my most recent question has been returned.

The answer was brief, but potentially encouraging.

Me: “Any news on Tex?”

Bird in a tree: “Relax. All good.”

Three words. Nothing firm, but promising, to some degree. Relax. All Good.

Better than, “Not looking good right now.”

So that’s the update from my “associate” at the Warehouse.

The O’s, evidently, are still feeling good about their chances at landing Mark Teixeira.

WHAT?:eek: You mean he didn't type a smiley?

I'm sorry, but didn't we offer the 7 year/ $140-150M offer 10 days ago? Hasn't that offer been increased by the "wow" offer by now?

It possibly has, but it's also possible that the media doesn't know about it. I don't think AM would want everyone to know that they've (possibly) got the high offer on the table.

Guys..The Red Sox are NOT out!

You are still wrapped in the news from a few days ago...It seems pretty well established that they aren't out.

It is Boston, Baltimore and DC....Those are the 3.

Put the most money on the table and you get Tex.

Multiple reports state that SB and Red Sox have not spoken since Thursday. Not saying they are out, they just haven't been a factor since they said "We won't be a factor"

So who has the largest offer on the table. Henry made it sound like a larger offer was on the table. Hence why they got out.

I don't think anoyone knows. Heck, it may be the O's "WoW" offer that we've all heard about. It just hasn't been made public knowledge.

I agree 100%. There are only 5 players in MLB making 20M or more as pr Jim Hunter, and to call a 20M a year offer lame is silly. I know it is easy and at times warranted to ridicule the Oriole owner and FO but not for putting a 20M offer on the table as your starting offer

It is lame if they aren't willing to go higher...It is lame if they put that out there as a "well, we tried" type thing and never move from it.

They know he isn't signing 7/140-150...So, are they serious about getting him and spend the extra money to do it or did they just put that out there to try and appease the fans?

We will know the answer to this very soon I am sure.

You know, I've gotten to the point where this Tex thing is like a car wreck. You don't really want to look, but something in your head just makes you do it anyway.

I am so tired of this dragging on. I really would like the guy to sign here, but I just think this is just a pretty sickening display of greed at a time when there is so much economic turmoil in the world. I've been looking at headlines saying that "2009 is going to be worse", and wondering why I'm so entranced by this Tex signing. :confused:

I have no problem with someone getting what they can in the business world, provided its done ethically and legally. It just seems to me that Boras is using this process to squeeze blood out of a turnip. Tex has to know what team he truly wants to play for during his next contract. Is an extra million dollars tacked on to this contract really going to make such a huge difference in this whole thing? Is it really going to make the difference between signing with Boston and signing with us?

So who has the largest offer on the table. Henry made it sound like a larger offer was on the table. Hence why they got out.

SB probably told them that a "mystery team" had a larger offer.

Usually the mystery team is a figment of SB's imagination.

Multiple reports state that SB and Red Sox have not spoken since Thursday. Not saying they are out, they just haven't been a factor since they said "We won't be a factor"

And sometimes, that is really telling. If a team hasn't spoken to an agent in about 5 days - that is telling and it might just be true that the Red Sox are out even if they didn't say "WE ARE OUT!" There are other ways of saying "we are out" such as "we won't be a factor."

You know, I've gotten to the point where this Tex thing is like a car wreck. You don't really want to look, but something in your head just makes you do it anyway.

I am so tired of this dragging on. I really would like the guy to sign here, but I just think this is just a pretty sickening display of greed at a time when there is so much economic turmoil in the world. I've been looking at headlines saying that "2009 is going to be worse", and wondering why I'm so entranced by this Tex signing. :confused:

I have no problem with someone getting what they can in the business world, provided its done ethically and legally. It just seems to me that Boras is using this process to squeeze blood out of a turnip. Tex has to know what team he truly wants to play for during his next contract. Is an extra million dollars tacked on to this contract really going to make such a huge difference in this whole thing? Is it really going to make the difference between signing with Boston and signing with us?

Water out of a rock...

:deadhorse:

Is an extra million dollars tacked on to this contract really going to make such a huge difference in this whole thing? Is it really going to make the difference between signing with Boston and signing with us?

With Boras that extra million will make a difference in what team Tex plays for.

Archived