Are we buyers or sellers?

btdart20

2022 and/or beyond?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are we buyers or sellers?

• Buyers - willing to trade top 10 MiLB talent to be more competitive in 2022
    • Buyers - willing to trade non-top 10 MiLB talent
    • Buyers - willing to trade from MLB depth only
    • Hold
    • Sellers - Only trading from MLB depth
    • Sellers - Only trading select players (i.e. team control/arbitration/talent window)
    • Sellers - willing to trade anyone on the MLB roster for prospects

12 minutes ago, oriole said:

I think no matter what the record is around the deadline, we’ll see Elias dealing players away. Mancini and Santander seem like sure things to move but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mullins or even Hays moved. Same goes for Lyles, Lopez, and Urias not that anyone will be blowing us away with offers for them…

Santander has two years of control left after this season and nobody obvious to replace him. He is far from a sure thing to be moved this year.

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Was thinking earlier today if it would be worth it to try to trade for Soto and what deal I would be willing to do.

Any discussion of that topic would have to begin with whether he would re-sign here.   Given the discussions he’s had with the Nats, I can’t imagine that he would.   So, it’s not even worth discussing.  

As to whether we should/will be buyers, sellers or both, as always it depends what we could get in exchange.  It’s more likely we’ll be sellers, but if there was an established but young mid-rotation starter on the market I could see trading offensive prospects to get one, depending on the deal.   

25 minutes ago, jamesenoch said:

This guy suggests the following :

Cowser, Hall, Henderson, Mayo, Mullins, and Westburg for Corbin, Soto, and $25m.

Great deal for the Nats.  The O's have to pony up $500 Mill or so to sign Soto long term and they get an overpaid starter (Corbin ) who sucks.   But at least we have Soto to cheer for.

29 minutes ago, oriole said:

That guy is either stupid, high, or both

I watch some of his videos.  He is a Red Sox fan, but often gives us lots of credit and he seems to be following our rebuild closely.  But yes, his analysis of that trade scenario was far off.  I don't think we have any shot at a Soto trade, and he was trying to make something about the rumors.

34 minutes ago, jamesenoch said:

This guy suggests the following :

Cowser, Hall, Henderson, Mayo, Mullins, and Westburg for Corbin, Soto, and $25m.

Sorry, but that’s one of the worst trade proposals I’ve ever seen. Trying to make people forget about the Glenn Davis trade 30 years ago? 

Not willing to drain the farm system for one player who has little chance of resigning with the O’s after free agency. 

Even if the Orioles were the type of team to take on that type of contract.

Even if the Orioles thought it was a good idea to trade that many prospects for a couple of players.

Does anyone think that Ownership would sign off on that caliber of trade with the Nationals?

15 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Santander has two years of control left after this season and nobody obvious to replace him. He is far from a sure thing to be moved this year.

Josh Stowers is Santander’s replacement. We have to see what Stowers can do. 

Mancini is a a must trade with AR needing to DH some. I doubt we want to catch him more than 100-120 games a year. 

It’s always a good idea to sell high on relievers. Lopez and Tate will be arb next year and present a chance to sell high. 

Lyles has been much better than expected and has served his role, but he should be traded as well.

Odor should go if he has any value. 

We could sell but still have optimism going into next season. 

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Sorry, but that’s one of the worst trade proposals I’ve ever seen. Trying to make people forget about the Glenn Davis trade 30 years ago? 

Not willing to drain the farm system for one player who has little chance of resigning with the O’s after free agency. 

It is pretty insulting to Soto to compare with with Glenn Davis.

Soto is on a whole different level.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This is not yet the time to buy.  Next winter perhaps…If Elias sees a goid restocking opportunities that will keep the system on an upsurge  below the Adley, Grayson, DL call ups, then he will do so and should 

Definitely. Elias is being super methodical and slow. He is not going to trade away prospects for an expensive player this year and probably not even next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It is pretty insulting to Soto to compare with with Glenn Davis.

Soto is on a whole different level.

We know that now, not sure we knew that then.  I mean sure Soto gets on base all the time but he didn't even have 100 RBIs last year!

Context is king.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

KYLE Stowers is Mancini's replacement, not Santander's.

Stowers is supposedly a respectable OF.  Mancini is a 1B/DH who's valiantly tried his best at OF but is still a fish out of water out there.  Curious why see Stowers as a replacement for Mancini and not Santander.