Are we buyers or sellers?

btdart20

2022 and/or beyond?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Are we buyers or sellers?

• Buyers - willing to trade top 10 MiLB talent to be more competitive in 2022
    • Buyers - willing to trade non-top 10 MiLB talent
    • Buyers - willing to trade from MLB depth only
    • Hold
    • Sellers - Only trading from MLB depth
    • Sellers - Only trading select players (i.e. team control/arbitration/talent window)
    • Sellers - willing to trade anyone on the MLB roster for prospects

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Was thinking earlier today if it would be worth it to try to trade for Soto and what deal I would be willing to do.

This guy suggests the following :

Cowser, Hall, Henderson, Mayo, Mullins, and Westburg for Corbin, Soto, and $25m.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamesenoch said:

This guy suggests the following :

Cowser, Hall, Henderson, Mayo, Mullins, and Westburg for Corbin, Soto, and $25m.

Lol. What a horrendous deal for the Os.

And don’t forget the contract you would have to sign him for as well.

• Upvote 1

I would predict moving at least one of Santander and Mancini. They are just too redundant, especially with Rutschman now looking to DH. 

If an opportunity presents itself I could also see us trading second tier prospects for veterans to fill a need in '23. What would Reds want for Mahle or Castillo? I'd be open. 

I think no matter what the record is around the deadline, we’ll see Elias dealing players away. Mancini and Santander seem like sure things to move but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mullins or even Hays moved. Same goes for Lyles, Lopez, and Urias not that anyone will be blowing us away with offers for them…

With Urias and Odor heating up, Im not sure what exactly we need that could actually improve our club. Another SP, but Kremer could be filling that role for us shortly.

Im buying, but not interested in trading away prospects, only interested in buying rental players at this point. Guys who the other team is looking to shed their salary as the #1 priority. 

4 minutes ago, oriole said:

I think no matter what the record is around the deadline, we’ll see Elias dealing players away. Mancini and Santander seem like sure things to move but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mullins or even Hays moved. Same goes for Lyles, Lopez, and Urias not that anyone will be blowing us away with offers for them…

Im not at all confident in our OF's in the minors at the moment. So I hope Elias isnt going to tank our future with only Stowers really showing anything.

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Soto is a great talent but that is 4 top 100 guys, a borderline top 100 guy and a very solid MLer in Mullins and we are picking up a shit contract in Corbin?

Just a complete moron.

Very little chance they get that much back.

Yeah, I think maybe 4 of those 5 minor leaguers for 2.5 years of Soto is about right. Steep, but that is the cost of elite talent. Adding a fifth minor leaguer, Mullins, and Corbin as a poison pill is lunacy.

If the deal was to include Corbin it would probably just be 3 of those 5 minor leaguers.