O’s lineup, one year from today.

jdwilde1

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Boaegarts would be an awful signing.  He already should be moved from SS.

I guess it would depend on if you intend to sign him to play SS or 3B...which would also depend on where the Orioles ultimately intend to play Henderson and Westburg. 

I would love to sign an infielder to fill out the lineup with something like: 

1. CF- Cedric Mullins (L)

2. SS- Trea Turner (R)

3. C- Adley Rutschman (S)

4. LF- Austin Hays (R)

5. 3B- Gunnar Henderson (L)

6. 1B- Ryan Mountcastle (R)

7. RF- Kyle Stowers (L)

8. DH- Anthony Santander (S)

9. 2B- Jordan Westburg (R)

That's one strong lineup in my estimation, particularly if Rutschman continues to find his way in the big leagues and Henderson, Stowers and Westburg can all adjust reasonably quickly. More realistically, you would take out Turner from that list and move some guys around and plug in either Urias, Vavra or Mateo into the lineup. That's still a strong lineup. Now, lets talk pitching, because we need to add a couple starters in the offseason to go with Wells and Grayson with Bradish, Hall and Kremer battling for the final spot (and the others adding depth and filling in for injuries along with Means when he comes back mid-year).  

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Mayo is in AA now.  Kjerstad will start next year in AA in all likelihood. 

It’s not out of the question they are in the lineup a year from now.  Health and performance will dictate that but if healthy and performing at a high level, it’s very possible, if not likely, that they are here by this point.

It’s probably a best case scenario.  No reason to speculate about it right now.  Let’s see how Mayo does in AA and how far Kjerstad gets.   By the way, I don’t think we’ve seen any news that Kjerstad is moving up to Aberdeen yet.   Most of us assumed that was coming now that Cowser has gone to Bowie, but perhaps the O’s aren’t quite ready to move him.  

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s probably a best case scenario.  No reason to speculate about it right now.  Let’s see how Mayo does in AA and how far Kjerstad gets.   By the way, I don’t think we’ve seen any news that Kjerstad is moving up to Aberdeen yet.   Most of us assumed that was coming now that Cowser has gone to Bowie, but perhaps the O’s aren’t quite ready to move him.  

1-2 more Mondays we will hear about it imo.  

39 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I guess it would depend on if you intend to sign him to play SS or 3B...which would also depend on where the Orioles ultimately intend to play Henderson and Westburg. 

I would love to sign an infielder to fill out the lineup with something like: 

1. CF- Cedric Mullins (L)

2. SS- Trea Turner (R)

3. C- Adley Rutschman (S)

4. LF- Austin Hays (R)

5. 3B- Gunnar Henderson (L)

6. 1B- Ryan Mountcastle (R)

7. RF- Kyle Stowers (L)

8. DH- Anthony Santander (S)

9. 2B- Jordan Westburg (R)

That's one strong lineup in my estimation, particularly if Rutschman continues to find his way in the big leagues and Henderson, Stowers and Westburg can all adjust reasonably quickly. More realistically, you would take out Turner from that list and move some guys around and plug in either Urias, Vavra or Mateo into the lineup. That's still a strong lineup. Now, lets talk pitching, because we need to add a couple starters in the offseason to go with Wells and Grayson with Bradish, Hall and Kremer battling for the final spot (and the others adding depth and filling in for injuries along with Means when he comes back mid-year).  

As much as I really like this lineup, I think we should go all in on a couple good free agent starting pitchers.  Give the young position player prospects a chance to fill out the rest of the lineup.

22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

1-2 more Mondays we will hear about it imo.  

I agree.   Honestly, I wouldn’t have expected him to move this week, except for the Aberdeen promotions.   But I’m glad the O’s are moving each real prospect at whatever pace they think is best for that individual, and not just filling holes.  

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Boaegarts would be an awful signing.  He already should be moved from SS.

Bogaerts viability as an attractive piece for me fluctuates with if Gunnar-Westburg is genuinely a SS.    I like him as well as any excellent player if he's realistic about his place on the defensive spectrum on his next contract.

Big ballpark the top infielders for 2023 on my guess is AAV outcomes might land near Correa 36, Trea 32, Bogaerts 28, Dansby 24.

On dream lineups in a year, I say go to ~July 31, 2023 too...then I'd dream on SS Gunnar, 2B Bogaerts, RF Harper, 1B Mountcastle, C Adley, LF Hays, DH Santander, CF Mullins, 2B Westburg.   Sets two guys in high 20's at top of payscale while data on Adley-Gunnar-Grayson FA season value trickles in, but that's mostly a question for the 2030's.

Have we learned anything about Elias and pursuing Japanese players via the posting system? I don’t think there are supposed to be any elite pitchers available this offseason, but someone like Kodai Senga might be available. Just an example player, not my point. Has he made any comments about us using the posting system to acquire players?