If I were a Rangers fan, that loss wouldn’t sit well

Frobby

O’s scored a run when a batter reached on catcher’s interference and then scored on a double that was poorly played by the RF.

Scored two runs on a routine grounder under the first baseman’s glove.  

Tied the game with two outs in the 9th on a Rutschman double very poorly played by the RF.

Winning run scored on a bunt misfielded by the pitcher, an intentional walk and an HBP. 

Honestly, Texas beat themselves today.  But I’ll take it!

• Upvote 2

I was at the game today, perfect July weather. 3 out of the last 4 games I've attended have ended in a 7-6 score. The on-field announcer said this was the first 4th of July game in Baltimore since 2008. Is that true? I spent most of the game on the flag court, chatting with other fans. Not a fan of the extra inning ghost runner at second, but a win is a win. I'll take it! 

6 hours ago, fansince1988 said:

I was at the game today, perfect July weather. 3 out of the last 4 games I've attended have ended in a 7-6 score. The on-field announcer said this was the first 4th of July game in Baltimore since 2008. Is that true? I spent most of the game on the flag court, chatting with other fans. Not a fan of the extra inning ghost runner at second, but a win is a win. I'll take it! 

Yes that part about 2008 is true.

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Being a Rangers fan must be eerily similar to being an Orioles fan.  They just can’t quite ever seem to get over the hump.  If Nellie had only made that one play out in right field….ouch.  

The Rangers tend to not build their team the right way.

11 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Being a Rangers fan must be eerily similar to being an Orioles fan.  They just can’t quite ever seem to get over the hump.  If Nellie had only made that one play out in right field….ouch.  

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Rangers tend to not build their team the right way.

I'd take their 20 playoff wins this century over our 6. 

But yeah, I'd rather be us than them right now even with the division gap. Their last 6 years are mediocrity without any upward trend. The Semien and Seager contracts were gambles that already look likely to be albatrosses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spy Fox said:

I'd take their 20 playoff wins this century over our 6. 

But yeah, I'd rather be us than them right now even with the division gap. Their last 6 years are mediocrity without any upward trend. The Semien and Seager contracts were gambles that already look likely to be albatrosses.

The Semien deal was especially poor.

Seager has a chance to work out at least some and the Jung injury didn't help them this year.

25 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

Or maybe if they hadn't left Koji Uehara off the World Series roster.

• Upvote 1