SABR 50 in Baltimore

spiritof66

I don’t think this has been posted, but even if it has I think it bears repeating. And maybe it's not sufficiently Orioles-related for Oriole Talk -- I can't figure out where that boundary is.

The Society for American Baseball Research (SABR) will hold its 50-year convention in Baltimore from August 17 through 20 at the Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor. SABR holds its convention each summer in a major-league city, but it had to cancel the 2020 and 2021 conventions that were scheduled for Baltimore.

I’ve been to parts of a few SABR conventions, and I highly recommend them. In addition to the formal presentations, there are posters on recent and ongoing research, plus lots of informal discussions, exchanges of information and good-natured arguments.

Each SABR convention features programs on baseball in the host city. This year’s speakers include current and past Orioles personnel, among them Boog Powell, Sig Mejdal, Eve Rosenbaum, Kevin Brown, Larry Lucchino and Orioles historian Bill Stetka. There will be programs on Camden Yards, Harry Dalton, Moe Drabowsky, and various Oriole eras and teams (like the Baby Birds and 1971 Orioles), and excursions to an O’s-Red Sox games and to historic Baltimore ballpark sites.

There's further information, with links to still more details, at  http://sabr.org/convention

• Upvote 4