Tuesday, July 5: Orioles begin 2nd half of season and try to take series from Rangers

SteveA

5 minutes ago, justD said:

I think I saw that Crush is going to be part of the 30th anniversary festivities that first weekend of August.  Is that a good thing???

He's probably up there pretty high on the list of most HRs hit at Oriole Park.

He led the majors in HRs twice in an Oriole uniform.

At some point you have to forget the way it ended and remember the good times.

It's not like he signed with the Yankees or something.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, justD said:

They also said Eddie Murray is gonna be there.  I had a long, entertaining conversation with him once about Southeast L.A. Will never forget it. 

He served me a beer as bartender at Flying Dog Brewing in Frederick as part of that Oriole caravan thing that replaced FanFest in the 2019-20 offseason, just before Covid.   I was thrilled.  One of my all time favorites.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

He served me a beer as bartender at Flying Dog Brewing in Frederick as part of that Oriole caravan thing that replaced FanFest in the 2019-20 offseason, just before Covid.   I was thrilled.  One of my all time favorites.

Murray and Cal are 1 and 1A for me

Just now, SteveA said:

Mateo comes through!   Urias/McKenna/Mateo combine to produce a run.

Ryan should never have tried for 3rd there.   You don't want to make the last out at 3rd, and he came awful close to doing just that.

One of weams’ real pet peeves

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Mateo comes through!   Urias/McKenna/Mateo combine to produce a run.

Ryan should never have tried for 3rd there.   You don't want to make the last out at 3rd, and he came awful close to doing just that.

Well, I guess it did open up 2nd for Jorge to steal so now a hit scores two.   But I still wouldn't have had him go.