Adley Rutschman’s “First Half”

Frobby

Baltimore Orioles: Is Adley Rutschman the Best Catcher in Baseball?

As mentioned earlier, Adley has also hit plenty of doubles with 22 of his 54 hits have been doubles and 28 of his 54 hits going for extra bases. Adley has also stolen two bases which is unordinary for a catcher but he has shown good speed for his position with a league-average sprint speed for all position players. He has also increasingly gotten better this season each month as he had a 52 OPS+ in May but has increased that to 143 in July and 232 with a .400/.571/.600 slash line so far in August. Overall, he has had a .367/.530/.510 slash line since the All-Star break with seven doubles and fifteen walks in fifteen games.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:19 AM, geschinger said:

He has a great chance of finishing high enough to earn himself a full year of service time eliminating the extra year of control the O's thought they might have ended up with once he got hurt in Spring Training.

I’d say his odds are at least 50-50.   He’s playing at an extremely high level and he had the big rep before he ever played a major league game.  Personally, I’d love the extra year of team control but if he plays great down the stretch and carries us into the playoffs (yes, I’m going there), I’ll gladly accept that consolation prize.   

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d say his odds are at least 50-50.   He’s playing at an extremely high level and he had the big rep before he ever played a major league game.  Personally, I’d love the extra year of team control but if he plays great down the stretch and carries us into the playoffs (yes, I’m going there), I’ll gladly accept that consolation prize.   

I'm hoping Pena gets hot and being on maybe the best team in baseball is enough to hold off Adley continuing to play at a higl level.

Playoffs would defitely ease the sting of losing a year combined with not earning the compensation pick.  

"...Adley Rutschman has already cemented himself as a cornerstone of the Orioles franchise and is just beginning his upward trajectory towards superstardom. His value is only going to increase and it would be prudent for Elias to attempt to secure Rutschman long term now before the cost grows and the temptation of free agency becomes too much to resist..."

How much would an Adley Rutschman contract extension cost the Orioles? (birdswatcher.com)