Wild Card Contenders remaining schedules

eddie83

This has been such a peculiar season the inevitable day of mathematical elimination for me is somewhat of a moment to reflect on all the 2022 Orioles accomplished.    Whether Yankees and Jays Bats demolish tired Orioles Arms or not the last 6 games doesn't bear much on that.

Last offseason the World Series ended November 2nd, and the Dodgers signed Andrew Heaney November 10th.

1425 innings in 2023 need to be planned for, and neither Means nor Rodriguez nor Hall are throwing as many as the Club probably hoped a year ago.

2 minutes ago, JR Oriole said:

Which would actually be a 9-21 finish.  Would really put a massive damper on a fun season up until the last Oakland game.  

They basically hung around 6-8 over .500 for awhile. 9 over after A’s series. Plus 7 after Jays series, 6 after Boston, 8 after DC, 7 after Jays, 6 after Detroit, 6 after Houston. Now it’s down to 4. In between never dipped below 5, never over 8 after A’s series. 

I really want 3-3 the rest of way, 2-4 at minimum.  Would like 4-2. 

Winning 2 more games looks like a long shot.  This team played over their heads for so long, I think they just ran out of gas.  Maybe we can get a couple more ace like starter performances or just play a Yankees/Blue Jays B squad.  Disappointing to finish the year this way, even though I never thought the O's would be near .500 this year.

Today could be the day that finally mathematically eliminates the Orioles. The only possible track to the post season is 6-0 and either the Rays or Mariners going 0-6 or 0-7. Any combination of an Orioles loss or a Rays/Mariners win officially eliminates the O's.