Henderson coming up this week?

Roll Tide

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

He got fooled by a fake tweet re: an Odor DFA + Henderson promotion a few weeks back, so I'd say he's very capable of being fooled and doesn't screen things the way he should. 

Surprised Rochgot fooled, because on multiple occasions he has reminded people in his blog comments to always look for a blue checkmark.

Edited by rm5678

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

He got fooled by a fake tweet re: an Odor DFA + Henderson promotion a few weeks back, so I'd say he's very capable of being fooled and doesn't screen things the way he should. 

Fooled? Or rode the wave and got some good click counts?!?  Nothing foolish about that.  It's cutthroat these days.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Surprised Rochgot fooled, because on multiple occasions he has reminded people in his blog comments to always look for a blue checkmark.

How did Roch get fooled.  He said the rumor is Henderson will be up this week.  He never said today.

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

His wording about Gunnar rumored not being in Jacksonville was very similar to a tweet that had gone out earlier,, and Gunnar is in Jacksonville. Since he did not cite any sources I strongly suspect he was going of that tweet.

No he wasn’t.

4 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

The playoff dates are locked in. I guess there could be a rainout on the last day of the season so maybe one more day is smart, but I don't think they can go past that.

It doesn’t  have to be last day which is rainout.  Let’s say we get rainout  against the Tigers last game of the series and can’t play that game make it up til after the season.  Then we are 1/2 game ahead of the Rays but we played 161 games and they played 162.  I can’t see them letting us in the playoffs and not making them game up.  A loss in that game would send the Rays to the playoffs. I would be almost certain they make us play that game vs the Tigers to have it fair 162 games each. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The timing is all too coincidental between that tweet last night and Roch writing about it in his blog this morning. Roch gave himself this week as the timeline for Gunnar’s debut so he has some wiggle room. 

Exactly. Also, he was on a podcast and repeated a couple times that he couldn't get anyone from the team to confirm anything. Whatever "rumors" he was citing about Jacksonville was not coming from the Orioles.

27 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He said rumor was Gunnar wasn't in Jacksonville with Norfolk. He is in Jacksonville. 

Well not exactly:

Gunnar Henderson is rumored to be joining the Orioles this week rather than staying with Triple-A Norfolk, which is in Jacksonville. Stay tuned.

Geoff Arnold on the radio broadcast had the detail that, with respect to playoff eligibility, in the organization as of 9/1 is "enough" and you don't have to be on the 40-man roster.

I wouldn't have guessed it that way, and that helps Elias probably more in Grayson's case, if things work out really well.