Friday September 2: Orioles begin 10 game homestand vs Oakland

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I also went with Burnes because of his better durability. Since 2019 Snell has pitched more then 128 innings in a season one time (180 innings in 2023). While Burnes has pitched over 167 inning or more every season since becoming a full time starter in 2021. Burnes is also two years younger so in theory while a six year contract is riskier it would end at the same age as Snell on a four year deal. I'd be happy with either one, but my preference in Burnes.
    • Adding that I would go for Roki over either of them.
    • I'd go for Snell. He has true Cy Young stuff. Burnes is really good but his K rate keeps dropping and the years scare me. The box score for his playoff start was solid but he actually gave up a lot of hard contact. I just don't trust him enough to commit all those years and dollars.
    • I go Burnes because to me the higher floor is very important with this sort of deal. I feel like Snell's skillset is more on a razor's edge-- if you didn't like how Burnes pitched in August, Snell is almost certainly more prone to stretches of poor performance like that. Even if he is more dominant at other times to balance it out. Plus, the extra length of Burnes' deal is offset a bit by being 2 years younger. 
    • Snell is injury prone and Burnes is a tough workhorse.
    • Didn't see the video? The ball went maybe 15 feet before it bounced, it was rolling by the dugout.  It was nothing and the Dodgers look soft. Was he supposed to let the discarded ball stay on the field?
    • Rojas pulled from the bases in the 3rd inning after he couldn't manage 2nd to home on a Mookie single (and Ohtani couldn't 1st to 3rd behind him) as the Dodgers try to dig out of 6-1.    Rojas' limited mobility hurt the Dodgers defense on a Bogaerts ground ball where Merrill was too quick going first to second, and Rojas ended up getting no outs on a routine ground ball. Manny with a cagey zigzag baserunning move during the Padres 6-run inning off Buehler, getting into Freeman's throwing lane to put Buehler into the jam. Teoscar grand slam brings it back to 6-5 in the 3rd inning...get your popcorn ready.
  • Popular Contributors