This is my favorite Oriole team ever

DocJJ

The Odor hate is just completely out of control at this point. Give it up, he’s playing the rest of the season. We get it, you don’t like that. Good lord.  The guy is not value-less. 

(not directed at any one poster to be clear, nor should it be since numerous people feel the need to constantly bring it up). 

2 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

The Odor hate is just completely out of control at this point. Give it up, he’s playing the rest of the season. We get it, you don’t like that. Good lord.  The guy is not value-less. 

(not directed at any one poster to be clear, nor should it be since numerous people feel the need to constantly bring it up). 

The only thing he does well is turn a DP. He shouldn’t be playing every day just because of that.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

The only thing he does well is turn a DP. He shouldn’t be playing every day just because of that.

It's possible to agree with that statement and still feel that the over the top hate for the guy on here is out of control and out of proportion.

You can't have a thread about anything without it being brought up that it is some soft of horrific travesty that he is playing so much.  There are actually people on this thread who admit they can't fully enjoy one of the greatest turnaround seasons in MLB history because of Odor's mere presence on the field.

Start a thread about how good the crab pretzels are at OPACY and there's bound to be someone who says they would taste better if Odor wasn't in the lineup.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

It's possible to agree with that statement and still feel that the over the top hate for the guy on here is out of control and out of proportion.

You can't have a thread about anything without it being brought up that it is some soft of horrific travesty that he is playing so much.  There are actually people on this thread who admit they can't fully enjoy one of the greatest turnaround seasons in MLB history because of Odor's mere presence on the field.

Start a thread about how good the crab pretzels are at OPACY and there's bound to be someone who says they would taste better if Odor wasn't in the lineup.  

Well if you are eating it while he is hitting, I can see why it would taste worse.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, waroriole said:

It’s closing in on 2012 for me. There’s definitely the same type of magic. I love seeing how much the guys genuinely like playing together. 

This right here. This season is just great fun. It seems a lot like 2012. The team is always in the game. I never feel like they’re going to get creamed and even if they get down I feel like they can legit come back. They genuinely seem like they get along and root for each other. 

7 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Probably not but it is what it is. If Odor is causing you (not you, just in general) to not enjoy the season as much, that seems kind of silly and odd. 

9 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Probably not but it is what it is. If Odor is causing you (not you, just in general) to not enjoy the season as much, that seems kind of silly and odd. 

Can’t imagine how unhappy they’d have been with 2B in 1989, furious about Billy Ripken getting so much playing time with his 70 OPS+. Took an injury to get him out of the everyday lineup, despite Tim Hulett tagging the ball in Rochester all year. 

That’s Odor plus nepotism, so we’d assuredly have to rule out 1989 as a most enjoyable option.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Well we are now in the territory where you can't honestly express an opinion about Odor because of how negatively OH will react to saying anything about Odor.

Unless I'm mistaken that was my first criticism of Odor. It was honest - my heart literally sinks every time he comes to bat in a meaningful situation.

Watching the O's right now is like getting a Porterhouse at a AAA steakhouse. Odor is like biting into a piece of bone and chipping your tooth.

That's no over the top hate against the guy. When he gets a hit I cheer. When he turns a tough DP I cheer.

But honestly, given his late inning / clutch situation heroics from earlier this season, I feel like he'd be more valuable as a late inning PH and defensive replacement. Is that so crazy?

Edited by bluedog

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

It would be a travesty if he cost us a playoff spot

26 minutes ago, PeteCanes said:

It would be a travesty if he cost us a playoff spot

Do you forget the immortal Todd Cruz being the starting third baseman for the 1983 World Champion Baltimore Orioles? (.208 avg., .558 OPS, 55 OPS+). Heck, even WS star Rich Dauer at 2B hit .235, .615, 72 OPS+). Odor right now sits at .202, .618, 74.

4 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes we alL know this. Because it has been documented on this board hundreds of times at this point. Hence my point. It doesn’t need to be brought up every damn time. 

this very thread is about fav orioles teams of all time, and somehow the Odor hate has overtaken it. It’s just silly now.