Wednesday, September 7: Orioles try to split series with Toronto

SteveA

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

Manoah was a rookie last year.. was it too much “pressure” for him?  Lol.   We Oriole fans seem to think guys like Manoah just appear on other teams but not ours because we haven’t had one since Mussina.  
In his second year, Grayson will outpitch Manoah’s second year which is this year, imho. 

Either way, only way Elias goes for a TOR is via the trade route imho and that will remain to be seen.  I would much rather have a big time bat if I have to choose. 

plus a healthy Means who has two seasons with WAR of 4.4 and 3.7 match up just fine with an aging Gausman next year. 

And it is not clear to me what the ceilings are just yet for Bradish and Wells. 

I have high hopes for Grayson too. I guess we will see.

Not sure about trading for a TOR guy. I would love it if we just added one via FA (especially if Verlander is available).

What big bats are out there after Judge? And the Yanks will hold on to him for dear life given the fact that if they lose him they have no offense. I don't see them being better than us next year with our without Judge to be honest.

I sure hope whatever we do, we do not stand pat or content ourselves with the expected growth of our young players and/or making marginal improvements.

At the end of the day, we are going to need to match talent to beat the best teams. We have a great foundation with what appears to be VERY promising young players. But we are going to need more to even the odds (or slightly tilt them in our favor).

3 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I have high hopes for Grayson too. I guess we will see.

Not sure about trading for a TOR guy. I would love it if we just added one via FA (especially if Verlander is available).

What big bats are out there after Judge? And the Yanks will hold on to him for dear life given the fact that if they lose him they have no offense. I don't see them being better than us next year with our without Judge to be honest.

I sure hope whatever we do, we do not stand pat or content ourselves with the expected growth of our young players and/or making marginal improvements.

At the end of the day, we are going to need to match talent to beat the best teams. We have a great foundation with what appears to be VERY promising young players. But we are going to need more to even the odds (or slightly tilt them in our favor).

Houston model does not typically involve spending for high end FAs… Verlander came in a trade ..