Hang on just a little bit longer....

SteveA

2 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

It seems we are ok with position players. The pitching is a deep concern - don’t see who we could sign or trade for that’s better than Lyles. As I see it - pitching is a scarcity and we are fighting every other team to find that resource.

I don't think they're ok with position players at all. There's plenty of mediocre position players on the team...they need to figure out how to get at least 1 more high quality player to pair with Adley and Gunnar.

4 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

The team is not out of the playoffs. They're only 4 back of Seattle, who has lost three games to the Angels. Seattle plays the Angels tomorrow as well. Hopefully losing 4 in a row. 

Yeah but we lost the season series to the Mariners, so were really 5 GB.

The Mariners did have a rough weekend.    Eugenio Suarez broke something and probably out for the year unless he really rubs some dirt on it, Julio's day to day has lasted several days, Haniger just got back today from "back soreness" that sidelined him all week.

RosterResource shows only Carlos Santana and Jesse Winker as guys in the top two-thirds of their lineup who haven't been out with injuries this week, and that doesn't even count Suarez who they've already wiped off the forecast.

Gilbert-Kirby-Castillo-Ray can cover a lot of ills though.

Edited by Just Regular

3 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

Oh, ok. I had a feeling. You think we can still make it? Maybe this game we just won propels us to a winning streak?

I hope so, but I'm not betting the house on it. A streak to the playoffs would certainly be a fitting ending to an absolutely improbable year. Proud of this team's progress either way.