Friday Night Sept 16: O's start huge series in Toronto, tonight exclusively on AppleTV

SteveA

If they’re going to start streaming sports they need to do something different instead of commercial breaks. More sideline reports, some kind of fan cam in the stands. Something. We are (theoretically) paying for that and these companies (inc Amazon and TNF in this) are worth hundreds of billions as it is. Do they really need the ad revenue so much, or do they want to change the TV game entirely?

7 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

If they’re going to start streaming sports they need to do something different instead of commercial breaks. More sideline reports, some kind of fan cam in the stands. Something. We are (theoretically) paying for that and these companies (inc Amazon and TNF in this) are worth hundreds of billions as it is. Do they really need the ad revenue so much, or do they want to change the TV game entirely?

As long as sponsors will pay for ads why would they stop selling them?

Edit: Actually, do the sponsors pay Apple, or MLB?

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I drive around in a piece of **** Jeep that's paid for.   As long as I live, I'll never have a car payment ever again.  It's a 2006, it's got 171k miles on it.  It's got a hemi so it hauls ass when I need it to.

No khaki pants and a pink shirt, although I've been known to rock a pastel from time to time.  Usually a t-shirt and gym shorts of some kind.  

Weird that you asked but I'm betting my answer is more interesting than this game so far.

Jeep Wave 🖐️

2007 Jeep Wrangler X that I paid off early in '11 so I could early retire with no car payment.  Note the Angry Bird sticker. 

zNaYvMi.jpg

3R2UQOq.jpg

And don't forget, "Jeep winning!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

Jeep Wave 🖐️

2007 Jeep Wrangler X that I paid off early in '11 so I could early retire with no car payment.  Note the Angry Bird sticker. 

zNaYvMi.jpg

3R2UQOq.jpg

And don't forget, "Jeep winning!"

No wave from me, homie.  I got a Commander, it's not as cool or as fun as yours.  Dig the angry bird sticker though.

• Upvote 1