Wells goes back on IL

Sports Guy

This is a shame. I think he was in line to start Wednesday in Boston when I’ll be at Fenway. I guess this means I’ll have to see Watkins?  Ugh. 

To be clear it’s a shame for Wells too LOL. 

isnt shoulder inflammation what Bradish went down with earlier in the year?  Seems he has recovered fine. Hopefully the same for Tyler, since he’ll have the whole offseason. 

10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I'd rather see Baumann get Tyler's innings instead of  Watkins.

Whoever.   Neither is a long term part of our starting rotation.  It’s a shame Grayson hasn’t looked more ready, this would have been a great time to insert him.  But I don’t want him up while he’s struggling to throw 4 IP due to command issues he doesn’t normally have.  

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Whoever.   Neither is a long term part of our starting rotation.  It’s a shame Grayson hasn’t looked more ready, this would have been a great time to insert him.  But I don’t want him up while he’s struggling to throw 4 IP due to command issues he doesn’t normally have.  

Agree on Grayson.  Watkins is not a long term starter for the O's but he will be  good depth for next years team beginning the season at AAA.   Baumann is just about ready for his chance at the majors.   I would like to see him get more MLB innings.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Agree on Grayson.  Watkins is not a long term starter for the O's but he will be  good depth for next years team beginning the season at AAA.   Baumann is just about ready for his chance at the majors.   I would like to see him get more MLB innings.

That would be fine with me.  I’ve lost track, is he on our 28-man roster right now?

I think he’s more likely a bullpen piece than a starter.   But he can prove me wrong.  

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That would be fine with me.  I’ve lost track, is he on our 28-man roster right now?

I think he’s more likely a bullpen piece than a starter.   But he can prove me wrong.  

Yes, he is on the 28 man roster.  Started the doubleheader game that Gunnar couldn't turn the double plays in. Went 5 innings gave up 3 but it should have been just one with better defense.   He pitched 2 scoreless on the 16th and just pitched 2 and gave up one on Monday vs the Tigers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1