Wednesday October 4: Game 161, first game of doubleheader, 12:35 pm

SteveA

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If we get to 84-78, and Boston beats Tampa  today and the Rays finish 86-76, we can say that ONE game against the Rays cost us the playoffs.   Because one more win would make us 85-77, and that Ray loss would make them 85-77, and they won the season serise 10-9 so one more win against them would mean we would have won the season series 10-9 and had the tiebreak.

And we fed them DL Hall that one day too as a spoonful of sugar to make the "you're a reliever now" medicine go down.

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

Gametime:  12:35 pm

Forecast:  59 degrees, cloudy, I can see clearly now the rain has gone

Roster MoveNick Vespi recalled from Norfolk to be the 29th player for the doubleheader

MatchupTrevor Richards (R) vs Mike Baumann (R)

Lineups

1. Whit Merrifield (R) 2B
2. Raimel Tapia (L) LF
3. Vladimir Guerrero (R) 1B
4. Danny Jansen (R) DH
5. Cavan Biggio (L) 3B
6. Gabriel Moreno (R) C
7. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) RF
8. Otto Lopez (R) SS
9. Bradley Zimmer (L) CF

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Adley Rutschman (S) C
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Anthony Santander (S) DH
5. Gunnar Henderson (L) 3B
6. Austin Hays (R) RF
7. Terrin Vavra (L) 2B
8. Ryan McKenna (R) LF
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Orioles Bench
Jesus Aguilar (R)
Robinson Chirinos (R)
Tyler Nevin (R)
Rougned Odor (L)
Kyle Stowers (L)

Bullpen Availability

Available
Bryan Baker  2.0 IP, 23p Monday
Logan Gillaspie 1.0 IP, 10p  Monday
DL Hall (L)  1.0 IP, 15p Friday
Cionel Perez (L)  1.0 IP, 18p last Tuesday September 26
Beau Sulser  3.1 IP, 52p Wednesday, September 21 (13 days ago)
Dillon Tate  1.0 IP, 15p Monday
Nick Vespi (L) 1.0 IP, 22p last Wednesday, September 28

Probably Available
Keegan Akin (L) 1.0 IP, 15p Monday
Yennier Cano 0.2 IP, 26p Monday

Maybe Available
Austin Voth  5.0 IP, 77p Saturday

Done for season:  Dean Kremer, Kyle Bradish, Jordan Lyles
Starting game 2 of doubleheader:  Sammy Watkins

Thanks @SteveA for all your work starting threads with lineups and info. Great job!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I think that’s the issue right? He wasn’t brought up to play? That seems silly. You have 2 vets that are very inconsistent and are not hitting their weight, so there is plenty of opportunities to get Heston at bats besides once every 4-5 games. Plus it’s silly to not give regulars at least a day off every now and then so you could have O’HIM at first and Heston DH. We have the players to keep everyone fresh throughout the year. 
    • Agree I’d love to see Rhino get some more run against lefties (especially cuz I have him on my fantasy team) but I don’t see it unless Mounty or god forbid Adley gets hurt. 
    • Maybe he has but part of this team reminds of the Weaver era, where Earl knew his teams strengths and knew how to put them in roles where they could succeed. This Administration has found a good spot for Ohearn, for me don't mess with it, if its righty he starts, if not great match up bat off the bench.
    • Here’s my top 10: 1. Gunnar to MVP levels, crushing lefties and potentially even improving at SS 2. Westburg to all-star levels 3. Bradish completely healthy (knock on wood) 4. Cowser to above-average regular levels 5. Ryan O’Hearn to ??? levels? Still absurdly high xwOBA 6. Cole Irvin settling into a solid rotation guy rather than swing man, potentially more 7. No steps back for Cano and Coulombe anchoring the pen 8. Cade Povich step forward, potentially already pushing for a rotation spot 9. Mountcastle mini-breakout, putting him as more of a solid/plus regular than borderline platoon guy, with 2 years of control after this one given we need the righty bat and not sure who the first baseman “of the future” will be 10. Plenty of others worthy (Suarez, Webb, Akin, Means, Mayo, Kjerstad), but I’ve already convinced myself Kade Strowd is going to be the next out-of-nowhere bullpen guy to emerge and be a big part of the pen by end of year  
    • This rotation has a chance to be special. I’m always thinking slightly negative though so I worry about Bradish and Means health, and can Irvin continue? With Irvin it’s less of a concern because they could put him in the bullpen, but with injuries I think he will be needed.
    • You are right. But I left that unstated because I figured most people inherently understand that we all employed to earn money. No matter how much, most people want to make the most that they are able to. 
  • Popular Contributors