“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

Sounds like teams don’t want to go 4 years for Bassitt. I’m guessing something similar to Eovaldi.

As I have been saying, players are going to slip through the cracks. That always happens in free agency. Usually the ones who sign first get all the money and as time goes on, guys end up dropping demands and can be had for a little less.

Of course this doesn’t apply to the best/top free agents, as many of them don’t sign until after the new year, at least recently. Although this year we are seeing things move faster, so those guys (Correa?) May see less than they are hoping the longer they wait.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Sounds like teams don’t want to go 4 years for Bassitt. I’m guessing something similar to Eovaldi.

As I have been saying, players are going to slip through the cracks. That always happens in free agency. Usually the ones who sign first get all the money and as time goes on, guys end up dropping demands and can be had for a little less.

Of course this doesn’t apply to the best/top free agents, as many of them don’t sign until after the new year, at least recently. Although this year we are seeing things move faster, so those guys (Correa?) May see less than they are hoping the longer they wait.

Thoughts on signing both these guys for ~3 years?  We're losing a pick.  Might as well lose two, but not sure what the mentality is on this.

13 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Thoughts on signing both these guys for ~3 years?  We're losing a pick.  Might as well lose two, but not sure what the mentality is on this.

I don’t think Correa signs for 4 years. He might do a long deal with an opt out. But, I suspect this is it for him. 

Evoldi and Bassit ….I don’t think we need both. I think Bradish, Kremer, and Grayson need a place in the rotation. So Gibson is there considering they spent $10 million on him. Plus you have back up options in Wells, Voth, and Hall. And what would you do with Means as he comes back. Personally, I’d rehab Means the entire season so he’s ready next year full gate.

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I don’t think Correa signs for 4 years. He might do a long deal with an opt out. But, I suspect this is it for him. 

Evoldi and Bassit ….I don’t think we need both. I think Bradish, Kremer, and Grayson need a place in the rotation. So Gibson is there considering they spent $10 million on him. Plus you have back up options in Wells, Voth, and Hall. And what would you do with Means as he comes back. Personally, I’d rehab Means the entire season so he’s ready next year full gate.

I wasn't talking Correa, just Eovaldi and Bassit.  They were my no 2/3 for the offseason in priorities with Rodon 1.  If the price comes down I still consider signing both with the decreasing draft pick loss.  You can put Kremer or Grod back at AAA to minimize innings throughout the year.

My number 1 is still Rodon though.

2 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

I wasn't talking Correa, just Eovaldi and Bassit.  They were my no 2/3 for the offseason in priorities with Rodon 1.  If the price comes down I still consider signing both with the decreasing draft pick loss.  You can put Kremer or Grod back at AAA to minimize innings throughout the year.

My number 1 is still Rodon though.

I’d prefer to spend on Rodon than the two lesser guys. But, Elias isn’t looking at it that way as he’s signed Gibson. So I expect to get 1 more SP.

1 hour ago, MarCakes21 said:

I would have done that if they didn’t sign Gibson. Now if they deal Kremer or Bradish, that may be a different story but right now, I would offer them both something along the lines of 3/45-50 and see where things are.

Edited by Sports Guy

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Look on the bright side, the more the Mets spend the bigger the revenue sharing check is for the O's.  Ownership is probably pleased as punch to have a couple outlier owners writing them big checks.

There’s no connection between how much the Mets spend and revenue sharing.  It’s how much revenue they earn that is relevant.  

Edit: I guess you are talking about luxury tax payments.   I think that’s technically a separate bucket, but I get your point now.  

Edited by Frobby

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Once the fans come back they will start spending again they promise.

Why should we believe them? After the offseason talk about “lifting off” and then for them to go back on it and try to “reclarify”; like they didn’t know what they were saying in the first place or how it would be heard by fans and the media.

By the way, in one of the interviews Elias did about lifting off, Chris “Mad Dog” Russo from MLB network asked him about increasing spending  and adding free agents, and Elias agreed that would happen.

At this point, for me personally they have lost any credibility to make believable promises. I will judge the O’s and make future purchasing decisions on their actions only.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

Why should we believe them? After the offseason talk about “lifting off” and then for them to go back on it and try to “reclarify”; like they didn’t know what they were saying in the first place or how it would be heard by fans and the media.

By the way, in one of the interviews Elias did about lifting off, Chris “Mad Dog” Russo from MLB network asked him about increasing spending  and adding free agents, and Elias agreed that would happen.

At this point, for me personally they have lost any credibility to make believable promises. I will judge the O’s and make future purchasing decisions on their actions only.

Well that’s just fine, but I don’t know why you say Elias has lost any credibility when the offseason still has 2+ months to go.   He should be judged when it’s over, not now. 

• Like 1