“Orioles big game shopping & most believe it's exclusively rotation”

Roll Tide

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Lugo has been mentioned with a cornucopia of pitchers 

Lugo’s market has become a battle between the Dodgers and Padres, with the Nationals also involved, reports Jon Heyman of The New York Post (on Twitter).

He wants to start …so that eliminates a few teams I would think.

JDM gone. Brantley gone. Justin Turner gone. Conforto next.

Are we going to do anything or are Mazara, Cordero, and Frazier REALLY the only "bats" we're going to sign? Perhaps Dominic Smith will accept our Confederate money if he doesn't get a better offer from a Korean team? 

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

The box is getting smaller with Players, but also with Clubs and their roster spots.

Someone will be the best FA left after Christmas, and the momentum the market has, it doesn't seem like the Eovaldi-Wacha-Hill player will be that borderline, so good chance we'll get a view of the outcomes in the next few days.

Pitching being pitching, I do think the Taylor Rogers, Craig Kimbrel pair have some intrigue as well as Clubs put pieces together.

We'll have the pick of the litter amongst the Pineda/Davies/Archer tier!

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Are we going to do anything or are Mazara, Cordero, and Frazier REALLY the only "bats" we're going to sign? Perhaps Dominic Smith will accept our Confederate money if he doesn't get a better offer from a Korean team? 

Bundy?

But think of all the money the Angeloses are saving! They could potentially buy another house/boat/fancy car!

If I'm being honest, when we signed Frazier, I figured any offensive upgrade was not going to happen without a trade of someone else. Coming into the offseason, I was hoping for someone like Abreu or Brantley, but I don't think Elias is going to sign someone else at the moment. Frazier gives them someone that can start at 2B unless Westburg or Ortiz win the job in the spring and gives them someone that can take ABs from Hays if he struggles. 

I don't know that they're going to sign someone to lock down a spot given they hope Cowser, Westburg and company break into the big leagues sooner rather than later. The OF figures to be Hays, Mullins, Stowers with Santander at DH and getting occasional starts in the OF. Then Frazier and McKenna get the occasional start as well and Cowser waiting in the wings. (Vavra too if he's on the team). In the infield you have Henderson, Mateo, Urias and Mountcastle with Westburg, Ortiz and maybe Norby on the cusp and Frazier getting ABs at 2B with the others shifting around some. 

I was hoping for clear upgrade with a good OBP to help, but the offensive upgrades will have to be internally. 

Elias said they were targeting a corner OF, LH, who would be the equivalent to Hays and share time in the regular OF/DH rotation.  He also mentioned the #1-#3 starter.  I expect two more moves.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Max Kepler and Pablo Lopez. 

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Elias said they were targeting a corner OF, LH, who would be the equivalent to Hays and share time in the regular OF/DH rotation.  He also mentioned the #1-#3 starter.  I expect two more moves.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Max Kepler and Pablo Lopez. 

I’d really like to get Lopez, then extend him.   He’ll only be 29 when his FA seasons start.  I’d rather pay him than most of the FA pitchers who were on the market this winter.   

• Upvote 1

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the warehouse
Not a free agent offering was happening , not even for a  louse
The bunting  was hung by the stadium with care,
In hopes that a number 1 starter soon would be there.

The Oriole fans were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of Degrom and Verlander danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my Oriole  cap,
Had just settled our brains for a  Oriole offseason that is like a long  winter’s nap.

When out at the stadium  there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to the tele to see what was the matter
 It came across the bottom of the screen like a flash
The Orioles have signed another free agent that was not great and for not much cash 

Twas this was the year Orioles and Santa were going to have many presents under the tree  

They said they would be liftoff for all the Oriole fans to see

But it seemed  the higher payroll would not happen as many had feared

We would have to wait for next Christmas and perhaps another New Year

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanakah, Kwanzaa and anything else you celebrate and a Happy and healthy New Year 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d really like to get Lopez, then extend him.   He’ll only be 29 when his FA seasons start.  I’d rather pay him than most of the FA pitchers who were on the market this winter.   

I wouldn’t count on or expect the extension.   Lopez is a good bet on production and he showed durability last year.  The lure is the lack of commitment and money.