2022-23 free agent signings tracker

Frobby

2 hours ago, HakunaSakata said:

The Yankees don't deserve him. I was really hoping the late season boo birds were enough to convince him to jump ship for San Fran. 

And late last night Padres offered 10 years 400 mil but Judge picked NY .. daggone it ..yankees now with 3 separate players who have 300 mil deals.. Stanton, Cole, Judge ..

oh well meanwhile back to Kyle Gibson we go .. 

53 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

And late last night Padres offered 10 years 400 mil but Judge picked NY .. daggone it ..yankees now with 3 separate players who have 300 mil deals.. Stanton, Cole, Judge ..

oh well meanwhile back to Kyle Gibson we go .. 

Why are the Padres suddenly playing with confederate money?  They apparently made the top offer to both Turner and Judge but were turned down.  Beautiful city, great weather, solid contending team, and they can’t get these guys to take their dough.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also 2 year deal for Jace Peterson. .It is way early in free agency but the A's have spent more then the O's.

But they have spent it on guys we would have scoffed at if they were signed by the Orioles.

I'm disappointed at our relative inaction in the free agent market too, but let's not try to make teams like Oakland and Pittsburgh signing a bunch of Tier 3 free agents some sort of indictment of the Orioles.   Our lack of Tier 1 signings -- so far -- is indictment enough.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also 2 year deal for Jace Peterson. .It is way early in free agency but the A's have spent more then the O's.

What do you suppose they are paying Peterson?   Think it tops my $5 mm/yr threshold?  I tend to doubt it, but in this market, who knows?   He made $1.825 mm in Arb 3 last year and had a career year.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Why are the Padres suddenly playing with confederate money?  They apparently made the top offer to both Turner and Judge but were turned down.  Beautiful city, great weather, solid contending team, and they can’t get these guys to take their dough.  

Turner wanted the east  coast  and Judge wants to be a Yankee for ever.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

But they have spent it on guys we would have scoffed at if they were signed by the Orioles.

I'm disappointed at our relative inaction in the free agent market too, but let's not try to make teams like Oakland and Pittsburgh signing a bunch of Tier 3 free agents some sort of indictment of the Orioles.   Our lack of Tier 1 signings -- so far -- is indictment enough.

I was making a joke,maybe need a smiling face.

7 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I believe the Buck-preferred euphemism is "out-opportunitying".

It is pleasant to have a few qualified MLB players "not good enough" to make your team...we aren't the worst anymore!

Just now, Just Regular said:

I believe the Buck-preferred euphemism is "out-opportunitying".

It is pleasant to have a few qualified MLB players "not good enough" to make your team...we aren't the worst anymore!

I know, as I watch all these small market teams sign Aledmys Diaz and Jeimer Candelario and Vince Velazquez and look down my nose at them and see them as placeholders who will help those teams win 75 games instead of 60, I can't help but remember that that was who we were for so long.

Of course our acquisitions so far this offseason are Gibson, Diaz, Cordero, and Mazara, so maybe I'm speaking too soon about us movin' on up to a deluxe apartment in the sky.

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Maybe Fernando Tatis seceded from the proper craft of playing championship caliber baseball?

I want good things for Manny as long as he isn't playing us, but feel jury still out whether Preller is any good at his job.    I am impressed Ownership still pushing behind him.    With late peak Manny and 2 years of Soto they should, I just figured that payroll was already as high as it was ever going to go.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Only thing that comes to mind is media market size .. power, celebrity etc