MLB.com suggests Burnes to Os trade

Sports Guy

I hate giving up any pitching in a deal right now. Do the Brewers have to have a pitcher back?

If not I'd go Cowser, Westburg, Hernaiz, Hjerstad

If they do demand pitching I go Cowser, Westburg, McDermott, Hall

Sign Burnes to an extension if you can, but extend QO, and if he walks you get the draft pick which could be an equivalent to a Westburg type prospect.

Burnes, Gibson, Kremer, Bradish, GrayRod in rotation to start season. Wells, DL Hall, and Voth to bullpen/spot start. 3 legitimate bullpen pieces that can step in and start if necessary.

35 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I think counting on Bradish and Kremer to repeat or improve their performance next year is a mistake.  I’d much prefer an upgrade.  

Bradish had a 3.28 ERA in the second half. From July on he was a pretty great pitcher. His FIP in the first half was 5.57, and in the second half it was 3.73. Funny enough, his xFIP was almost identical in the first and second half--4.02 and 4.01.

I think it's incredibly likely Bradish's ERA next year is closer to 3.90 than it is to 4.90. There's a good chance he's closer to 2.90 than 4.90

Kremer, yeah, he'll probably regress a little

Edited by ChosenOne21
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Bradish had a 3.28 ERA in the second half. From July on he was a pretty great pitcher. His FIP in the first half was 5.57, and in the second half it was 3.73. Funny enough, his xFIP was almost identical in the first and second half--4.02 and 4.01.

I think it's incredibly likely Bradish's ERA next year is closer to 3.90 than it is to 4.90. There's a good chance he's closer to 2.90 than 4.90

Kremer, yeah, he'll probably regress a little

I’m aware.  I’m a little more bearish on him and expect the league to make their second set of adjustments on him.  I hope he proves me wrong. 

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I'd replace Westburg with Urias and Cowser with Hays.  They can have Povich, But no way are they getting Bradish.

They definitely say no way to that deal. Cowser and Westburg are the selling points. Top 100 guys.

Agree no way on Bradish. I think the key to the deal would be sliding in a replacement for him. 

1 hour ago, terpoh said:

What if we took on the Yelich contract too? What would it take in that case?

Yelich is owed over $160 million through 2028 and has posted a combined .745 OPS and 4.3 bWAR over the last three seasons. The Orioles cannot afford to tie up a huge chunk of their limited payroll for the next 6 years on a slightly above average OF on the wrong side of 30.

17 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Urias, Westburg, Hays, Kremer and Voth

So one good prospect and a bunch of spare parts for a legitimate ace.

Sounds great to me but I suspect that Mikwaukee would disagree.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I'd have to find someone besides Cowser. I'd rather give up Holliday since Ortiz is very capable of playing short long term.

You think Cowser has the same kind of upside as Holiday who was 1:1? Just for clarity do you see Ortiz and Holiday as prospect equvalents? Do you know that they are 5 years apart in age?

1 hour ago, Bemorewins said:

You think Cowser has the same kind of upside as Holiday who was 1:1? Just for clarity do you see Ortiz and Holiday as prospect equvalents? Do you know that they are 5 years apart in age?

I didn't say that. I said I think Ortiz will be a very good shortstop for the next decade or so, or perhaps he plays second with Mateo or Holliday.

1 hour ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Yelich is owed over $160 million through 2028 and has posted a combined .745 OPS and 4.3 bWAR over the last three seasons. The Orioles cannot afford to tie up a huge chunk of their limited payroll for the next 6 years on a slightly above average OF on the wrong side of 30.

So one good prospect and a bunch of spare parts for a legitimate ace.

Sounds great to me but I suspect that Mikwaukee would disagree.

One prospect , a Gold Glover and a couple of young pitchers with potential.

9 hours ago, Number5 said:

No question Adley improves the team in a major way.  He's quickly become my favorite Oriole!  Just saying it's doubtful to me that even Babe Ruth could single-handedly turn 25% of a team's losses into victories.

OK, lets say it this way.   With Adley as part of the team for a full season the team would improve 6 wins in a quarter.   Maybe it not all Adley but if we look at way the team did with and  without Adley the team improves 6 games with him.   Thus they are a 89 win team with Adley.   

Then we have to look at the addition of Gunnar vs Odor.  

Replacing Lyles, Lopez, and Chirinos with Gibson, Givens and McCann is basically a wash.

Stowers  for Mancini  is maybe be a slight improvement.

Adding Grayson overall Watkins is a net plus.  

Improving the depth with Westburg, Cowser, Ortiz, Hall and Frazier is a net plus.   Not sure how many games.

Overall Kremer, Bradish, Wells, the pen, Mountcastle, Mateo, Hays, Mullins, Santander will show some regression and some improvement .

Overall  I think the team is at a  92 win pace right now.

Edited by wildcard

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

This is one of those things you look back at in 2 years and say.

1. Damn, I wish we had done that OR

2. Thank God we didn’t do that OR

3. I can’t believe we were actually thinking of doing that