Orioles acquire Ryan O’Hearn

Brian88

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, so you did make it up. Got it.

And yea, if McCann gets 20-40 games over at DH and first and he is a sub 700 OPs guy, that will kill his value. When you suck at hitting at positions whose value is only with the bat, that hurts you. 

The Os shouldn’t be giving starts and at bats to players who aren’t good and aren’t apart of the future unless injuries occur.

Santander should be left handed first baseman.  Or even try Stowers there.

Any plan that pushes young promising talent to the bench for poor, aging, go nowhere talent is a stupid one. That’s all this boils down to. 

Anyone who believes those younger players should lose at bats to the players the Os have brought in shouldn’t be posting on a site like this. There is ZERO justification for that.

Now, if Westburg/Ortiz get over 800 at bats and Stowers gets 500 at bats, so be it.  That’s what matters. 

Right now, those numbers seem pretty unlikely to me.

What a joke of a comment. 

What matters is not how many at bats a specific player gets it’s how productive the lineup is. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, so you did make it up. Got it.

Nah, I didn't actually. 

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

And yea, if McCann gets 20-40 games over at DH and first and he is a sub 700 OPs guy, that will kill his value. When you suck at hitting at positions whose value is only with the bat, that hurts you. 

Who is saying he is getting that many games over at DH and first??? The worst national baseball reporter and the worst Orioles beat writer have speculated an amount of games he will play. No one else, including McCann himself have said anything else other than he may fill in there on occasion. He also said that he was told Adley could play there as well. That seems to me that he may be catching more than we think with Adley sliding over to DH/1B more than he did last year. There's nothing wrong with that given that McCann is a good catcher who could reasonably be expected to hit around the MLB average for catchers and Adley will be fine with the bat at 1B/DH.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The Os shouldn’t be giving starts and at bats to players who aren’t good and aren’t apart of the future unless injuries occur.

Santander should be left handed first baseman.  Or even try Stowers there.

Any plan that pushes young promising talent to the bench for poor, aging, go nowhere talent is a stupid one. That’s all this boils down to. 

Anyone who believes those younger players should lose at bats to the players the Os have brought in shouldn’t be posting on a site like this. There is ZERO justification for that.

Now, if Westburg/Ortiz get over 800 at bats and Stowers gets 500 at bats, so be it.  That’s what matters.

Santander will get plenty of run at DH. He started 35 games there last year and with Mancini gone I imagine that number will go up. That gives Stowers the opportunity to play more in the OF. Hyde and Elias have said Stowers is part of the plan in some capacity. Westburg and Ortiz could factor in or they could be traded. I don't think either of them are locks to be better than Adam Frazier next year so I don't see the point in complaining about it that much. Plus they could be traded. Everyone else is on a MiL deal or has options like O'Hearn. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

A meaningful upgrade. That’s what you believe. 

Dude, Odor was -0.4 WAR last year.  Vavra was 0.1 in significantly less playing time.  

I'm not saying I think Vavra would have been an all-star or anything but I think he'd have been a good bit better than Odor.  I mean, it's a low bar to hurdle but I'd much rather have given Vavra 426 at bats instead of Odor.  

I can't believe we're even having this conversation.

9 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m all for depth..we don’t have depth. We have bodies. 

You are treating these guys like they are good.  They aren’t.

Chirinos may not even be in the big leagues this year. How many at bats will Nevin get?  I’m not defending Odor. I’m bringing up the lack of options. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Dude, Odor was -0.4 WAR last year.  Vavra was 0.1 in significantly less playing time.  

I'm not saying I think Vavra would have been an all-star or anything but I think he'd have been a good bit better than Odor.  I mean, it's a low bar to hurdle but I'd much rather have given Vavra 426 at bats instead of Odor.  

I can't believe we're even having this conversation.

Ok. Great. Is Odor here this year? Where does Vavra project to play right now? 

Who are the automatic outs? Who? They can only start 9 guys. 

Well, Odor was an automatic out last year.  Nevin was an automatic out.  I'm gonna get flak for it, but I don't care, Mountcastle was an automatic out last year for a good chunk of the summer.  

I mean, we must have been watching different baseball teams last year.  You must not have seen the one that I saw which had a really hard time scoring runs for significant stretches.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Well, Odor was an automatic out last year.  Nevin was an automatic out.  I'm gonna get flak for it, but I don't care, Mountcastle was an automatic out last year for a good chunk of the summer.  

I mean, we must have been watching different baseball teams last year.  You must not have seen the one that I saw which had a really hard time scoring runs for significant stretches.  

What in the hell does Odor have to do with now. Nevin is gone as well. The guy you say would have been an upgrade over him Odor does not even currently project to be on the roster. And yet, I hear the club’s depth is a big nothing. 

Ok. Great. Is Odor here this year? Where does Vavra project to play right now? 

I'm not sure why you're attempting to move the goalposts.  You asked who I'd have preferred to play over Odor last year, I told you Vavra.  You seemed to struggle to comprehend why that was, so I explained it to you.

Thankfully, Odor isn't here, even though you were defending him by wondering out loud who could have taken his place and done a better job.  

Where does Vavra project to play right now?  Hell if I know, we were talking about last season.  But I wouldn't be mad if he was a utility infielder for the 2023 season.  

What in the hell does Odor have to do with now. Nevin is gone as well. The guy you say would have been an upgrade over him Odor does not even currently project to be on the roster. And yet, I hear the club’s depth is a big nothing. 

Yeah, because we picked up Adam Frazier, Franchy Cordero and Ryan O'Hearn.  If Nomar Mazara sets foot into Camden Yards this season, I might break a window at the Warehouse.

Here's a potential Sunday punt lineup, you tell me if you like it:

Frazier:  SS

Cordero:  RF

Urias:  3B

Santander:  DH

Vavra:  2B

Hays:  LF

O'Hearn:  1B

McKenna:  CF

McCann C

• Haha 1