Orioles acquire Ryan O’Hearn

Brian88

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

I don't like to call people out for bad calls since we all make them, but have you changed your mind yet? 

Pages 6 & 7 of this thread are amazing. Not only criticizing the move, but attacking the people who dared to rationalize it.

You are about the most petty person there is on this board. lol.... You are so upset that you got called out for your emotional, over reaction statement that Mullins was done that you literally went back to 2023 to dig up when I was wrong. Got to admit, I've seen some childish BS on here, but congratulations, this is right up there.

Yes, I was wrong on O'Hearn. He looked like another DH/1B that Elias was stock piling at the time and nothing showed that his breakout was about to happen. O'Hearn proved a lot of people wrong to include me. Saying that, I did mention that O'Hearn's EVs suggested he could improve, but I didn't like the $1.4 million tag for AAA depth, which is what I thought he was since I felt Stowers would be the 4th OF/DH.

See the difference is, I can admit when I'm wrong and I didn't make me statement after a few PAs this season. It wasn't an irrational thought that led me to my statements, but an analysis of the roster makeup and current potential roster options. O' Hearn outperformed all expectations and I'm happy he did. 

But if it makes you feel better, yes, I was wrong on O'Hearn.

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You are about the most petty person there is on this board. lol.... You are so upset that you got called out for your emotional, over reaction statement that Mullins was done that you literally went back to 2023 to dig up when I was wrong. Got to admit, I've seen some childish BS on here, but congratulations, this is right up there.

Yes, I was wrong on O'Hearn. He looked like another DH/1B that Elias was stock piling at the time and nothing showed that his breakout was about to happen. O'Hearn proved a lot of people wrong to include me. Saying that, I did mention that O'Hearn's EVs suggested he could improve, but I didn't like the $1.4 million tag for AAA depth, which is what I thought he was since I felt Stowers would be the 4th OF/DH.

See the difference is, I can admit when I'm wrong and I didn't make me statement after a few PAs this season. It wasn't an irrational thought that led me to my statements, but an analysis of the roster makeup and current potential roster options. O' Hearn outperformed all expectations and I'm happy he did. 

You were wrong? Do we get a free year of plus!!?? 😂

Edited by Malike
  • Haha 3

On 4/16/2024 at 3:46 PM, Tony-OH said:

FWIW, I think we can all agree that a certain 1057 on-air personality was the wrong-est re: O'hearn and Franchy Cordero

I think most of us either expected or, at the very least, wouldn’t have been surprised by some amount of regression from last year.  At the end of last year he was biting on a lot of breaking balls down and out of the zone.  He’s really tightened up his plate discipline so far.  Hopefully, it continues.  From day 1 he’s consistently had the best at bats of anyone on the team.  

• Upvote 1