Orioles acquire Ryan O’Hearn

Brian88

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Gotta admit, it's pretty boring around here.  They could sign some other fringe AAAA player tomorrow and it would get another 30 pages.  

Now we need a 30 page thread debating the merits of Lewin Diaz vs O’Hearn. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol at everyone who was penciling O'Hearn into the lineup as if we went out and signed this guy to a ML deal. Just a 40-man depth move with some extra cash attached to it. Glorified waiver claim. ST competition. 

30 pages about a depth move. @Moose Milligan was right on the over. 

Don’t crow too much. This may just be a cute way of having both players in the organization. 

This is exciting!!😃

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Now let's cry about Lewin Diaz!!!!

You mean discuss thoroughly the merits of a players and then try and understand why the organization keeps spending time in the trash heap instead of acquiring impact players? 

I mean it's easy to just go, "Elias know everything so I shall just support anything he does and laugh at all who dare provide FACTS that would indicate he may not be flawless?"

This is a discussion board. If people don't like a move and show information on why, it's not crying. 

You would think after all the years of being here this would seep in, but no, you prefer to just sit in your orange bubble of goodness and attack anyone who dares to say something negative about a move.

Your act is old.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You mean discuss thoroughly the merits of a players and then try and understand why the organization keeps spending time in the trash heap instead of acquiring impact players? 

I mean it's easy to just go, "Elias know everything so I shall just support anything he does and laugh at all who dare provide FACTS that would indicate he may not be flawless?"

This is a discussion board. If people don't like a move and show information on why, it's not crying. 

You would think after all the years of being here this would seep in, but no, you prefer to just sit in your orange bubble of goodness and attack anyone who dares to say something negative about a move.

Your act is old.

So is yours.

15 minutes ago, interloper said:

Lol at everyone who was penciling O'Hearn into the lineup as if we went out and signed this guy to a ML deal. Just a 40-man depth move with some extra cash attached to it. Glorified waiver claim. ST competition. 

30 pages about a depth move. @Moose Milligan was right on the over. 

Wait, who penciled him into a lineup everyday? 

I know I just said if he's making $1.4 million it won't be at AAA. Other people were just figuring out where he would get hi PAs? You know, discussion board stuff. I don't recall you stating that he would be DFA'd soon for another player. Did I miss where you called that?

Why would you think this is something you should gloat about when no one said what you are saying and I don't recall you saying he would be DFA'd before the season. Maybe I missed something here.

Just now, btdart20 said:

Agreed.

Is that a "Win" for team or a "Loss"?  

It creates discussion!! It’s certainly not a loss. Haven’t lost anything. They can let Diaz go again the next time someone they like better pops up. Or of course release him if a trade happens etc. 

I feel bad for players like Diaz who get jerked around. Has to get old. 

On 1/3/2023 at 4:16 PM, interloper said:

Y'all overreact so much. 

Guy is depth, there's like a 75% chance he gets DFA'd before we even get to spring training. Just like Diaz. And if not, he has an option. 

I don't see this guy as 26-man material and neither do the Orioles IMO. Cordero is a much better bet to crack the roster. 

@Tony-OHHere is where I said it was very likely he would get DFA'd. Just like any other depth guy at the end of the 40-man roster. He was never any different. 

On 1/3/2023 at 6:01 PM, Tony-OH said:

Holy smokes. They are going to pay him $1.4 million? 

Good Lord... 

Let's see the Optimists (is that an acceptable term) spin this one. 

This smells of Odor. He's a guy we think has no role on the team and ends up generally an everyday player while OPSing in the low .600.

This offseason just keeps getting worse and worse. Actually, its becoming quite embarrassing once again.

I'm sure the Orioles must have an exquisite one of kind evaluations system that has determined this guy will "bounce back". But

Hmmm.     Now what are we going to do, complain about the 4 catchers they claimed off of waivers back in October?   Wait!   Been there, done that.

12 minutes ago, interloper said:

@Tony-OHHere is where I said it was very likely he would get DFA'd. Just like any other depth guy at the end of the 40-man roster. He was never any different. 

Ok, you are right in that take. Did I say anywhere that you were not right in that take? I said he was not going to make that money in AAA. I was right, so I don't even understand why you running around gloating like you won some prize.

There was a lot of comments being made. I don't even remember what I was responding to, but I was making a point about guys who make money and whether they will be in major leagues or not.

I never once said O'Hearn is definitely going to be on opening day nor did I ever say he was going to be in the lineup everyday. Go back and find that because I know I neve said it.

Gheese, some of you make it your mission in life to try and find where I made a mistake. Trust me, I do make mistakes, but in this one, I was just trying to tell people that he was not going to be AAA depth making $1.4 million. 

I will guarantee you that is correct.