Do you expect Santander to hit better than Hays in 2023?

Frobby

19 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Or you are lying about their stances, as you tend to do.

No, I'm directly quoting them.  That's why I used direct quotations.  And to be clear, I'm directly quoting you.  The only person lying here is you.  As always and forever.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pickles said:

No, I'm directly quoting them.  That's why I used direct quotations.  And to be clear, I'm directly quoting you.  The only person lying here is you.  As always and forever.

No, you are misrepresenting me and taking things out of context while also not discussing my real issue with Hays..his health and that being the reason you can’t rely on him and should view him as a 4th OFer.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No, you are misrepresenting me and taking things out of context while also not discussing my real issue with Hays..his health and that being the reason you can’t rely on him and should view him as a 4th OFer.  

I'm directly quoting you.  Those are your exact words.  That you realize how stupid they are when you hear them said by someone else and not yourself should be a learning moment for you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

I'm directly quoting you.  Those are your exact words.  That you realize how stupid they are when you hear them said by someone else and not yourself should be a learning moment for you.

Go find that quote while also including the context of the conversation.

If you told me that Hays is going to get in 500 healthy at bats, he’s better than that.  But he’s a completely unreliable player and shouldn’t be counted on as anything more than a 4th OFer.  He’s not a reliable player, so he shouldn’t be viewed as a starting player.

(Moderator edit: no personal attacks)

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Go find that quote while also including the context of the conversation.

If you told me that Hays is going to get in 500 healthy at bats, he’s better than that.  But he’s a completely unreliable player and shouldn’t be counted on as anything more than a 4th OFer.  He’s not a reliable player, so he shouldn’t be viewed as a starting player.

But again, you are too much of a disingenuous POS to actual include the whole conversation.  It’s just who you are.

You said "Hays is a fourth outfielder at best."

I quoted you verbatim.  Word for word.

And for that you've called me a liar and a POS.

LOL.  If you don't want stupid things attributed to you, don't say stupid things.  It's not complicated.  But saying stupid things is just who you are.  We've all gotten used to it long ago.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

You said "Hays is a fourth outfielder at best."

I quoted you verbatim.  Word for word.

And for that you've called me a liar and a POS.

LOL.  If you don't want stupid things attributed to you, don't say stupid things.  It's not complicated.  But saying stupid things is just who you are.  We've all gotten used to it long ago.

Show me where I said it and I wasn’t also talking about health, reliability, etc…

You said you are directly quoting me…where is the direct quote?

Edited by Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Show me where I said and I wasn’t also talking about health, reliability, etc…

I doesn't matter what reasons you gave.  You said, "Hays is a fourth outfielder at best."

You either believe that or don't.  Or do you just spew a bunch of crap that you don't really mean?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

I doesn't matter what reasons you gave.  You said, "Hays is a fourth outfielder at best."

You either believe that or don't.  Or do you just spew a bunch of crap that you don't really mean?

Lol..ok, so now we are just ignoring the context of what is being said?  Got it.  (moderator edit)

• Downvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Lol..ok, so now we are just ignoring the context of what is being said?  Got it.  What a moron. 

You said "Hays is a fourth outfielder at best."  That you have reasons for your claim is obvious.  That doesn't mean that you are not making the claim that you just did.

If I said, "Sports Guy was a POS poster, arrogant beyond belief, despite being constantly wrong about his projections, with a profound disconect from the economic realities in ML team building" and then somebody quoted me as saying "Sports Guy is a POS poster," would it more wrong or right of me to say, "Yes, I said and believe it" or "You took me out of context?"

Obvious I have my reasons for thinking you're a POS poster, and just because they're not listed out with the original claim, doesn't mean the original claim is "taken out of context."  Hope this clears it up for you.

• Haha 1

I'd vote for Santander.  I love the way Hayes plays the game.   But he gets hurt too often, sometimes bad enough to hit the DL, but often just enough to impact his performance, but not enough to DL him.   I've often heard the phrase your best ability is your availability, and unfortunately for Hayes the times he's been available and healthy are uncommon.  Now is some of my being down on him how poorly he performed the 2nd half?  Sure, and the same likely goes for Mountcastle too.  

17 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I'd vote for Santander.  I love the way Hayes plays the game.   But he gets hurt too often, sometimes bad enough to hit the DL, but often just enough to impact his performance, but not enough to DL him.   I've often heard the phrase your best ability is your availability, and unfortunately for Hayes the times he's been available and healthy are uncommon.  Now is some of my being down on him how poorly he performed the 2nd half?  Sure, and the same likely goes for Mountcastle too.  

It’s a consistent issue. You can’t rely on him to be healthy for much more than 350ish at bats.  On top of that, the defense has declined (perhaps due to the injuries) and he has had plenty of issues Vs righties.

I don’t see how anyone can view him as more than a bench guy. If he could stay healthy, it would be different but he can’t.