Could the Orioles deal Austin Hays?

2001OriolesFan

On 2/11/2023 at 2:05 PM, Sports Guy said:

I hope not. I don’t think he should start the year in the role of an everyday player but that’s what he is right now.

Hopefully that doesn’t last.

I hope it does last, for his sake and the Orioles.  If he does well, we win more games.  If he does well, we can trade him for more as players like Cowser and Kerstad, maybe even Westburg if he gets some OF reps, work their way up.  Only bad can come of it if Hays doesn't do well.  

18 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I hope it does last, for his sake and the Orioles.  If he does well, we win more games.  If he does well, we can trade him for more as players like Cowser and Kerstad, maybe even Westburg if he gets some OF reps, work their way up.  Only bad can come of it if Hays doesn't do well.  

When I say that, I say that with the hope that Cowser and Stowers have shown that they should be the starters. 

If Hays tears it up early and they trade him early, that’s cool too.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

When I say that, I say that with the hope that Cowser and Stowers have shown that they should be the starters. 

If Hays tears it up early and they trade him early, that’s cool too.

I do think that the lineup needs some balance.  I agree with those who say a good fill in the blank hitting batter is better than a bad other handed batter.  But, overall, I think it's good to have some lefty-righty balance.  With Stowers, Cowser, Kjerstad and Mullins all lefties, Hays serves a purpose when healthy and producing.  That's why I'd like to see Westburg get some reps in the OF.